Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Shopping our Stash #187 - Gettin' Inky! Use your OLDEST ink!




Now here's another fun challenge for you this week at Shopping our Stash - use your oldest ink! The oldest ink that I still have is a PSX pad called Bubble Gum, and I bought it about 10 years ago on clearance. Who knows how long it had been on the shelf at that little store that didn't even carry craft supplies any more! It's still juicy as ever though. I paired it with another ink I've had for ages, Citrus from Adirondack, and an ancient stamp, and made a bright baby card.


Supplies: Bubble gum PSX ink; Citrus Adirondack ink; baby feet stamp unknown; dots & sentiment from PTI; classic small circle Nesties; banner die from Wplus9; buttons from stash

Simple and sweet and so cheery!

So what's YOUR oldest ink?  join in with the SOS crew and get your inky on!


And you have until Monday,February 9th to join in!
xoxo,
Jessi



16 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

VERY bright and cheery! Excuse me while I fetch my sun glasses. :)

lauren bergold said...

i ♥LOVE♥ that you've used bright colors, i need to make a baby card & i was kind of dreading the pastel palette... but you've reminded me that i don't have to! wahey! ♥♥♥

Becca Cruger said...

I hate using pastels, in general, so when I saw this bright neon baby card I said, "Self, now why didn't you think of that?" Seriously - I love how you buck the trends and make things truly your own!

jimlynn said...

Bright, fun, and so cute! Love those colors on here.
Lynn

fairyrocks said...

Helloooo, thanks for popping by. Cute card work and just in the nick of time. My niece is having a baby soon. Thanks for this idea . I don't participate blog wise in the challenges. But, I try to incorporate them into thoughts and projects. Amazing with that ink, and it is still vibrant. Keep smiling and creating

*Vicki* said...

AWE! The little footprints are adorable!! I think the dotted background is perfect with your design!! :)

walchowDesign said...

10 years old and still in perfect condition, Jessie! Love the colour combination - such a sweet baby card!

~Tammy~ said...

This is precious! Love the colors!

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome baby card, love those colours together. great job!!

Donna said...

This is soooooo cute! I love the pink and green together!!

Lindsey said...

This is utter cuteness! If I ever bought a "new baby" stamp on purpose, it would have to be one like this.
That's funny... one of my oldest ink pads is an Adirondack as well!

Greta said...

Oh what a fun card, Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

At least your ink is still bright, love the cheery feel of this card Jessi!

Dana said...

super cute card!! Pretty good ink to still have some life today!!

Chris Dring said...

Awww! So cute and love the bright colors as opposed to the normal pastels used in baby cards!

Carol L said...

You have a PSX pad that still works?! Amazing! And just look at those bright colors too! Fun card!