Friday, February 27, 2015

Inlaid Die Technique...oh my!

You know those crafty ideas that sound so great before you get started, and once you're halfway through you're questioning your sanity & wondering what the heck you were thinking? Yeah, this card.


Supplies: Memory Box floral die; two colours of kraft cardstock; Paper Smooches sentiment; Antique Linen distress ink; Corner Chomper

Swear to peanuts, the sentiment is legible in real life. I wanted it to be tone-on-tone, and the camera just wouldn't cooperate nor would my editing software. (ya gets what ya pays for). Everybody and then some seems to be using this inlaid die technique all over the place, and famous last words I thought ohhhhh how hard can it be? Some of those pieces are really little. I said some bad words. I picked lots of little pieces off my shirt after they magically flung themselves away from the paper. All that said, OHHHH EMMM GEEEE look I did it! (possibly never again). 

I was inspired to try this lunacy because of the Kraft Journal's challenge to create a CAS one layer card. I did have to trim my card & place it on a white base because crooked sentiment. Keeping it really real this morning ;)

xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Guess I have been under a rock, never heard of that technique. I can see the sentiment and I think the card is lovely.

Leslie Hanna said...

I hear you with the fussy bits of paper you need to put back. However, it does look awesome when you're done, non? Might I suggest a less-fussy die before you give up entirely?

In other news, I've been wrestling with a two-toned inlaid die-cut for two days now, and I'm stabby.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is quite gorgeous!! I just love this look! Sometimes those photos are really hard to take when you see something different IRL!! :) Happy weekend!

lostinpaper said...

Never heard anyone 'swear to peanuts' before... lol. Your card was so worth all the effort, it's magnificent Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

Never heard anyone 'swear to peanuts' before... lol. Your card was so worth all the effort, it's magnificent Jessi!

Marsha said...

Your card turned out BEAUTIFULLY. Yes, you must do this again. Love it. Thanks for entering in the Kraft Journal Challenge.

Dana said...

Haha! I the same thoughts when i try new techniques or labor intensive stuff!! Regardless the card is gorgeous!! I love the natural colors!!

Lindsey said...

Hint... pick a less-intricate die next time! :D This did turn out beautifully, so I think your hard work was worth it. (Don't you love when little bits of cardstock react to the dry staticky air and jump all over the place?)

Greta said...

It was worth your efforts, Jessi--beautiful card! Much easier with less intricate dies, though, so don't be afraid to try it again.

~Tammy~ said...

You crack me up! Love it! I always need humor and I can count on it from you! This looks GREAT! Thank you for joining us at The Kraft Journal!