Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Chickadee Noel

Chickadees are one of my favourite birds - they are just such fun little creatures, and they always seem so happy. They're also quite friendly, at least around here, and if you have something they'd like to eat, they'll land right on your hand! I've made quite a few versions of this card this year, but I think it's the first I've blogged. Popping it in over at CAS on Sunday - Christmas challenge.


Supplies: chickadee stamp from Impression Obsession; noel from PTI; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Peeled Paint distress ink; classic small & lacy oval Nesties; Bic markers; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Stampendous fun flock; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; crochet mat by me 


I've added glitter pen to the ornament hanger & sentiment, and glossed up the ball part of the ornament. After colouring the chickadee, I added Fun Flock to all the white areas, because they are just so FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE (um, Despicable Me reference. It's early in the morning). 

I'll be mass blogging pretty much the whole week trying to get everything shared! I've been a busy crafter plus I'm trying to avoid housework as long as possible...

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous. I too love chicadees,you did a fantatick job with the colouring. I'm avoiding it too it will be a crisis clean on Tuesday.

jimlynn said...

CAS and just gorgeous!!! Of course I love the crochet mat (my card is going up on Thursday evening using a mat from you!!!). Love that sweet and pretty image too. The Magic and Flock really adds fun and texture.
Beautiful card!
Lynn

Angela said...

So pretty, Jessi! Your crocheted mat is perfect here!

Peanut said...

WOW! Simple and just so beautiful. Love that chickadee. And your crochet mat is the perfect frame.
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Grandma Bonnie said...

Jessi, that is so strikingly pretty..i love this card!

Lindsey said...

I'm finding blog commenting works well to distract from housework, so feel free to keep posting, Jessi.
I'm a fan of chickadees too, so I especially love this card. Perfectly framed with that crocheted mat, too.

Annette Allen said...

wow stunning..

Dana said...

Wow! Fabulous! Love the little birdy!

Chris Dring said...

Beautiful card Jessi! Don't worry about the housework, it will still be there after all your blogging. (Because I'm sure, like many males in families, they can't see it and just pitch in to help out. LOL!)

Donna said...

Housework schmousework...you have boys and pets, it'll just get dirty again! Your card is beauty, the crocheted mat sets it off perfectly! Blog more clean less!!

Debbie said...

Your oval mats are so pretty!

Beautiful image and beautifully coloured!!

Shelly said...

Such a beautiful card! :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS on Sunday!