Monday, December 16, 2013

Vintage Angel

This card came about completely for the Our Creative Corner - Very Vintage Christmas challenge. You must use neutrals, and I hope my little splashes of colour are ok - they are so muted. 


Supplies: papers from MME; clip art angel from Crafty Secrets; angel sticker from PSX; key from Making Memories;  lace & ribbon from stash; classic small & lacy circle Nesties; crochet mat by me



I stitched along the edge of the ribbon so that I could gather it, and then attached it with double-sided tape. The Faith angel is adhered with foam tape, and rests on an angle. My favourite favourite favourite element is the key, though. LOVE it. 

This challenge runs through the 28th, so lots of time to join!
xoxo,
Jessi


13 comments:

Chris Dring said...

What a beautiful card Jessi! Love the mat, the bit of ruffled lace is such a cool element, and that key! OMGee! Total fabulousness!

Stacy said...

I love Victorian themes and you have captured it perfectly with this card. The key is so sweet and the pops of color are perfect!

fairyrocks said...

Jessi, You have a new DOO!! So, do blondes have more fun? This card is stunning. Love the martini girl too. I want to be her LOL.
I have been having major weather and internet problems.
Keep smiling and creating

Dana said...

Gorgeous!! Love the vintage feel and the key is awesome!! Its perfect for this card!!

jimlynn said...

Very vintage looking and VERY pretty!! Love that key too.
Lynn

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, very vintage. Love the mat and lace accents.

Greta said...

Love this vintage beauty! The mat is perfect for this card!

lostinpaper said...

Such elegance, love the added key... definitely a hoarding embellie for me, aren't you clever putting it on a card (who woulda thought).

Angela said...

Stunning...I love the vintage vibe!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is beautiful. And just a bit of a contrast from the last few Jessi cards I was looking at...

Donna said...

Gor-geeee-ous!!! You rocked vintage Christmas!

Jenny Marples said...

Well I love that crocheted doily in the centre. It really frames everything beautifully. Great work. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner. Jenny x

Laurart said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx