Sunday, December 8, 2013

Make your own Background


Since Chris asked so nicely, I will put together a tutorial for this background technique...but it's going to take me a few days :) I absolutely LOVE how this card turned out!



Supplies: Flourishes stamps; Bic & Spectrum Noir markers; Labels 5 Nesties; Studio G clear glitter glue; Stampendous fun flock; Yellow Daisy & Pearl glimmer mists (Tattered Angels); distress inks in: Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar, Salty Ocean; Cuttlebug embossing folder


This was intended to be a piece of 'faux patina', but when I was done with the inking I decided I liked it as is. I inked the 'wrong' side of the embossing folder with Salty Ocean ink, and then after embossing sponged it with more Salty Ocean, Squeezed Lemonade, and Spun Sugar inks. I then sprayed it with the two glimmer mists. I really like how the mists help the inks blend even more. After colouring the image & die-cutting it, I painted the glitter glue onto the fairy's wings, and added Fun Flock for the dandelion fluff. 


xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Great shimmer and sparkle!

Melissa Craig said...

I think the background is very cool! Can't wait to see your tutorial.

Lin said...

Beautiful texture and glimmer! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

CinnamonSally said...

Fabulous background really adds magic to the card!

jimlynn said...

Jessi, it's beautiful! I love the background with all those wonderful colors. Can't wait to see the tutorial now. VERY pretty card.
Lynn

walchowDesign said...

This bg always amazed me, Jessi! Yeah! I would like to see your tutorial on this too, please!

Andrea W said...

Really Pretty Jessi! I love the colors you used and the glimmer mist sparkle is beautiful.

Lindsey said...

This is one fabulous background, wow!!! The card is lovely, Jessi!

Cheryl said...

Can't wait to see your tutorial...That background is AMAZING! A Beautiful card!

Chris Dring said...

My jaw is sitting in my lap....again! Jessi, as if the image isn't pretty enough, you went and made that amazing background too! Can't wait for the tutorial! (I did ask nicely, didn't I?!)

Greta said...

What a beautiful background, Jessi!