Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Reindeer!

I'm oddly relaxed for it being Christmas Eve...not sure that the actual date has fully sunk in to my addled brain. That or I've finally reached the state of nirvana where the important things will get done, and the rest don't matter? I'm betting on not sunk in.

Also, I require more coffee. STAT.

I can't believe I missed Andrea's last challenge at Savvy Handmade Cards - I had my card made, but spaced on the deadline. So I'll share it after my card for the current challenge, which is reindeer games. I have this lovely reindeer stamp that hadn't been inked up yet this year:


Supplies: reindeer stamp from Inkadinkado; Versamark; White Detail EP; Silver Tinsel EP; paper from MME; rhinestone strips from Dollarama


After embossing the reindeer in white, I thought I'd try something new - adding a second colour of EP to my stamped image. I reheated the white embossing over the snowflake trail, and quickly added the silver tinsel EP. It made for a bit of a messy addition, but I like it - like magical reindeer sparkle :)

Here's the snowman card I made for the previous challenge:


Supplies: Large snowflake stamp from Stampendous; all others from CTMH; Colorbox Frost White pigment ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Versamark; White Detail EP; Tumbled Glass distress ink; Spectrum Noir & bic markers; Labels 4 Nesties

The Reindeer Games challenge runs until New Year's Eve, so you've got lots of time to play :) Perfect for those holiday thank you cards!
xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Love that reindeer card, beautiful job. and the snowman is super cute. I just need to go buy the treats for the cats in the family and get chicken broth, looked at it yesterday and thought I don't need any duh where was my mind?

Andrea W said...

Both cards are fantastic! I love that you embossed your reindeer on patterned paper and the tinsel EP adds some extra sparkle. The sentiment on your snowman card is perfect and I love the simple layout. Thanks for sharing your creations at Savvy Handmade Cards.

Dana said...

Fabulous cards! I hope you have a wonderful holiday!

jimlynn said...

Both are fantastic! Love, love, love that first one with the reindeer! SO pretty.
The little snowman and all that red and green is delightful! Very cute.
Lynn

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Both cards are beautiful but I especially like the Reindeer one .
Merry Christmas Jessi and peace love and joy for 2014

~Tammy~ said...

I had things I "had Wanted" to accomplish that didn't get done. I think it's getting older and what's important is that we reflect on the reason and time for family.

Both cards are Fantabulous!

Greta said...

Love that elegant reindeer--beautiful card! The snowman card is adorable!

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful reindeer image! Magical reindeer sparkle, so that's what you call it. ;) And the snowman card is a lot of fun, with a sweet sentiment.

Unknown said...

Love both cards. Thanks for playing at Savvy Handmade cards! Good luck.