Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sweet Snowflakes with Buttons!

A rare triple-challenge combo for me - the current {PIN}spirational Challenges photo, the Curtain Call photo, and the naturally evolving non-traditional colours that came from those for little red wagon. Getting so close to the Christmas wire I haven't been taking the time to sew on buttons, and I missed it. This was just the relaxing ticket - sifting through my buttons for the right colours, singing along with the radio while I sewed them on...it's important to remember to do the things you enjoy during the holidays, even when you're feeling the time pressure!


Supplies: snowflake stamps from Stampendous; sentiment from Flourishes; Distress inks in Shaded Lilac, Tumbled Glass, Spun Sugar; Versamark & clear EP; vellum & buttons from stash 


I've used Versamark & the Lilac ink for embossing the sentiment - it's subtle but I love the look of the vellum overlaying the stamped snowflakes! 


http://www.pinterest.com/pin/141581982009147567/






xoxo,
Jessi

20 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lovin' all those fun colored buttons on such a pretty card!
Lynn

Leslie Hanna said...

BUTTONS! I only wish I could use them for OWH cards. I have so. many. buttons.

And yes, you should take time to do things you like when things are all rushed and crazy. Though I'm not sure sewing on buttons would work for ME. :)

Donna said...

Ohhhhh that's soooo pretty Jessi!
Love the colours and the hand sewn buttons, you are too much!!

Today's Beautiful Moments - Tracey Fehr said...

Oh I just love buttons! One of my favorite embellies to use...you've done a wonderful job with them! Thanks for making {Pin}spirational Challenges one of your entries! Good luck!
Tracey, DT {Pin}spirational Challenges

Greta said...

A girl after my own heart--using that vellum! Love the buttons, Jessi--I need to use mine. Gorgeous card!

Barbara Godden said...

Wow look at all those buttons and all sewn on by hand. Fabulous card, good luck with the challenges.

Annette Allen said...

oh I love when you add the buttons like this.. so totally pretty

Lindsey said...

So pretty! You find sewing on buttons relaxing? Huh. ;)

lostinpaper said...

So so pretty!

Joanne said...

Such a pretty card! I love all the buttons. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon :)
Joanne xo

Wynn said...

This is so pretty and your colour choice of buttons is perfect. Thank you for sharing it with us at ( Pin ) spirational challenge this week. Hugs Wynn DT xx

Chris Dring said...

Oooh! This is so soft and pretty and I really love it!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!!! Glad you found some moments to still keep "working" and to relax!
How are doing through the storm? Have you lost power? And I heard more headed your way tonight! :/

Colleen Dietrich said...

Beautiful take on the inspiration pics, Jessi! Love those rows of buttons. And you're right: one needs to take time to do the enjoyable things at Christmastime, even when you're under pressure. Otherwise, it just ain't worth it!

Stacey Schafer said...

so pretty! thanks for playing along at the Curtain Call!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your button cards! I am all over the inspiration photo too! I know this girl can never have enough buttons!

Nancy in Iowa said...

Cute as a button!Thanks for joining us at {PIN}!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a very pretty card!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Curtain Call!!

Unknown said...

love how you use buttons! so pretty!

Deanne Saunders said...

Adorable card! Love all the buttons!!! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper