Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Shopping our Stash #130 - Tic Tac Toe!


Shopping our Stash has an AWESOME challenge this week! Tic-Tac-Toe is one of my favourite challenge formats - and I couldn't help myself. I needed to build up my stash of not-Christmas cards, and so I decided to make a card for every option in the tic-tac-toe board. 

Don't forget that we're looking for a few new members to join the team - check out the details for our design call on this post here. 


Since completing every option means 8 cards, I'll show you the collage & give you the challenge details, and then put in a jump for the rest :)


We're back to our usual one-week challenge, so you've got until next Monday, December 16th, to link up your projects. Make sure to tell us which items from the tic-tac-toe board you used!



And now for the details on my cards:
I'm going to start with my very favourite card. Why is it my favourite? Well, it's got penguins & buttons, so there's a start - but it's also for a very dear friend whose birthday is later this week. Luckily the boys I know don't read my blog ;)

This is using the diagonal brads-buttons-bling:


Supplies: stamps from The Cat's Pajamas; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic Markers; Basic Grey buttons & orange brads; Stampendous Fun Flock; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Liquid Applique; AC yellow glitter; bling & rhinestones from Dollarama; AC number thickers; Purple Twilight Adirondack ink; cake sprinkles; Colorbox purple glitter paper


Since I went a leeeeetle bit crazy with the buttons & bling, this card is about 5.5" x 6." Paul's favourite colour is purple, so I was aiming to include a lot of it - including picking out purple sprinkles, which apparently are the rarest unicorn beast in the jar I happen to have. 

I also slightly decorated the inside....mainly because I ran out of room on the front:


I've known Paul since I was 18 - in fact, I've known him longer than I've known my husband - we shared a house, and he also lived with us for a while after Rob & I got married. It's a crazy thing to get old, and a crazier thing to get to know him again now that we're 'grown ups'. I use that term loosely! So, not that he's reading this, but happy birthday, Paul :)

Card #2 - using ribbon-bling-chipboard:

Supplies: papers & chipboard from Simple Stories; birthday sentiment sticker from Doodlebug; lace ribbon from stash; Spellbinders butterfly die; classic small circle Nesties; pearls from Dollarama


Card #3: using brads-ribbon-tags:

Supplies: papers from MME; sentiment from Annabelle Stamps; classic small oval Nesties; Cuttlebug tag die; distress inks in mowed lawn, worn lipstick, dried marigold, barn door; brads & ribbon from stash


 Card #4 - using buttons-stickers-tag:


Supplies: paper from Stampin Up; bear sticker from PSX; tag from American Crafts; buttons from stash; classic small circle Nesties; Corner Chomper

Card #5 - using flowers-bling-stickers:


Supplies: sentiment from Paper Smooches; Peacock Feathers distress ink; Sizzix label die; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; bling from Dollarama; stickers, chipboard, and paper from American Crafts


Card #6 - using brads-flowers-punch (well hidden - it's the vellum circle at top left!)

Supplies: papers & brads from Basic Grey (including fussy-cut flowers); clip art & sentiment from Crafty Secrets; Tonic edge distresser; Stampendous Moonstone & shabby silver Frantage EP; Versamark; paper smooches sentiment; scrap vellum & circle punch



Card #7 - using die cuts-wood-buttons

Supplies: clip art & sentiment from Crafty Secrets; heart veneer from Studio Calico; button from Basic Grey; Cuttlebug embossing folder; Distress inks in Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Dried Marigold; glimmer mist (but heck if I remember what colour!); Labels 4 Nesties & vellum


shimmery!

Card #8 - using tags-bling-dies


Supplies: image stamp from Unity; sentiment stamps from The Cat's Pajamas; papers from Basic Grey; tag die from Cuttlebug; bling brad & bling from Dollarama;Peacock Feathers distress ink; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Labels 4 Nesties


 *whew* I need another coffee after typing all of that!
xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

you are soooooooooooo the over-achiever, missus! you're the UBER-over-achiever!!! gorgeous cards. you are awesome!!! <3

Leslie Hanna said...

Since you made 8 cards, you get 8 comment (all in one, but still ...)

#1 - A guy who likes purple? Definitely a keeper! I still can't get over how many buttons you can get on one card!

#2 - Love the layout and the papers. For a moment there I thought you'd crochets that lace circle and I was gonna need to buy some.

#3 - Another great paper combination!

#4 - You have the best stickers! Mine are pretty much carp and didn't make the cut for the move.

#5 - SUPER use of stash! And I would never have thought to use flowered PAPER.

#6 - L O V E this one! What a great wedding card!!!!! And nice sneak with the vellum circle. I'm impressed.

#7 - Love the distressed background! And another super image!

#8 - Another SUPER paper combination. Love it!

*phew* Way to go, over-achiever! Well played!

jimlynn said...

Super cute! LOVING all those buttons!!
Lynn

walchowDesign said...

WOW! You have been busy and extra busy with all these, Jessi!

Peanut said...

WOW!!! Jessi...you made 8??? I bow in awe! That in itself is a Christmas miracle! They're gorgeous!
hugs, Asha

Chris Dring said...

Overachiever! Damn girl, you rocked the tic-tac-toe challenge! These are all fabulous cards Jessi! My favorite one is the last one with the snarky sentiment, of course! LOL!

Barbara Godden said...

Leslie said it all, fabulous job, overachiever is what you are Wow 8 cards, I will be lucky to get one done. The are all beautiful.

Debbie said...

Wow!! These are all wonderful!!!

Chana Malkah said...

You are one ambitious lady, Jessi! Great projects all very nicely crafted!
Hugz,
Chana!

Carol L said...

Buttons, brads, and festive penguins! How cute is this card!!