Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Shopping our Stash #132 - Use the Last of Something!

Such a busy day on the ol' blog today! Here's post #3



Thank you SO MUCH for coming to visit - it means the world to me!

So this week at Shopping our Stash we have a *gulp* real challenge for the hoarders among us. (Waves hands wildly - yep, that would be me). Use the last of something. Come on, we all have SOMETHING kicking around at the bottom of a drawer that you haven't been able to use - noo.....it's the last one! USE IT. 

I will be the first to admit that this was a tough challenge for me! I didn't have a project in mind when I started, so what I did was pull out a bunch of nearly-done packages of embellishments to see what happened. 


Supplies: clip art baby from Crafty Secrets; little yellow bicycle wooden SMILE pin; Labels 5 nesties; papers from MME; cameo from....huh. Girls Paperie? Not sure. Partial doily & pearl strip from dusty drawer. 

So the 'last' things I used here are the partial pearl strip (not sure what I was saving 1.5 inches for...this, apparently); the half doily (which really truly is my last doily - gasp - and I need more!); and the navy cameo, which influenced the colours of my card. I nearly used up all of the navy patterned paper but not quite. Still, finishing off 3 things is not so bad for someone who was struggling with it!

Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, January 6th- hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


And joining us from the new crew this week:

Well that's a heck of a lot of posts for one day - even for me - with two tutorials! I think more coffee is needed before I continue with life. We're headed out for New Year's Eve tonight, for the first time since I was pregnant with Riley. I plan on requiring a wheelbarrow to get me home! If you don't hear from me for a few days, send water & Tylenol :) 

xoxo,
Jessi


13 comments:

lauren bergold said...

well done, you! using up THREE different things and i looooove how you let the "lasts" kind of guide the card... with AWESOME results!!! ps: happy new year, missus! have fun tonight!!! :) :) :)

Dana said...

Lovely card! The image is cute and goes great with the sentiment!! Have fun tonight!! Happy new year!!

~amy~ said...

um, ADORABLE

jimlynn said...

Wowsers! Jessi, this is a fabulous card! Glad you used up those things you've been saving since it made into a beautiful card. VERY pretty!
Lynn

Donna said...

Phew, you've been busy!! Love this card...I totally get that it's hard to use things we love *cough crochet mats* OK maybe that's just me...
Have a most excellent night out tonight, feel free to drunk text me at midnight LOL

Darnell said...

Applause! Applause!! You win the inspiration prize for showing us how it's done using THREE of the last of something! No kidding, anyone would need to go out after that, good thing you have NYE for an excuse!! What you have created with your beloved hoarded pieces is incredible! How do you do that??

Jessi, I wish you all the best for a crafty, healthy, and happy 2014!! Cheers!! Darnell

Lindsey said...

No Donna, it's not just you... and I think I hoard enough that I would have to use a LOT of something on a card to use it up! So way to go, Jessi, using up three things and getting an awesome card in the process!

Greta said...

Enjoy your celebration! I can never talk hubby into going out. Love your card--congrats on using the last of the pearl strip & the doily--I know you can get more--LOL!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jessi this is awesome! Love your grouping! Very nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana

Barbara Godden said...

Happy New Year Fabulous card. I still have one whole doily....it was a toss-u0 doily or ladybug, I couldn't bear to part with both.SAD. I commend you for using the last of 3 things. AWESOME.

Debbie said...

What a cute image!! Great use of your lasts!!

Chris Dring said...

You rock Jessi! Using not 1, but 3 things is fabulous, but look at this incredible card you pulled off! When I grow up, I wanna be like you! LOL! Happy New Year toots!

Melissa Craig said...

How fabulous is this!