Thursday, December 5, 2013

Shabby Christmas at the Ribbon Reel

As soon as I sat down at my desk yesterday, I spied this piece of faux patina background that I made weeks ago, and thought it would be perfect for the current ribbon reel challenge.  I am so excited with how it turned out - exactly how I wanted it to!


Supplies: Inkadinkado stamps; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic Markers; Distress inks in Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Spun Sugar, Shaded Lilac; Tattered Angels glimmer mists - blue skies, tattered rose; Tsukineko Shimmer spray; Picket Fence distress stickles; Ranger white enamel; May Arts ribbon; classic small circle Nesties; white detail EP; unknown embossing folder; Versamark


The snow drifts were created by tearing the edges from a same-sized die cut circle, edged with ink & painted with Stickles. The mistletoe berries are dotted with white enamel. The faux patina background is so incredibly shimmery - you get just the barest idea of how shimmery in the photo above! 

Here's the inspiration photo, with the additional prompt to use pink, blue, white/cream, and ribbon:

xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

awwwww...soooo cute!

jimlynn said...

Loving that background! Shimmery, shiny, and so beautiful. Precious card!!!

walchowDesign said...

Kissy! Kissy! How cute is this sentiment, Jessi! Love all the shimmers on your card!

Chris Dring said...

This card is amazing Jessi! Love that background! (You need to make a tutorial of how you did it. hint hint)and that image is too cute! BTW, you should enter this in Simon Says Stamp Wed challenge also - make you own background. I do believe this qualifies!

Annette Allen said...

aww I really love that adorable deer and the background is stunning.. awesome card Jessi..

Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet comment on FB about my Aunt.. It really meant a lot to me..

I'm a Little Teapot said...

This is so darn cute, Jessi!

Donna said...

Ohhhhh la la!! How beautiful is that??? I love the kissy kissy and the mistletoe deer :D

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous, love the background, the reindeer is adorable and I just love the way you did the ribbon fabulous. ooh-la-la all the glitter...me luvs it.

CinnamonSally said...

This is so cute and your background is fabulous Jessi!

Lindsey said...

This is so perfect! I love every little detail. :)

Dana said...

Oh Gorgeous!! Love how the reindeer seams to be peaking out from the snow!!!

Greta said...

Wowzer, Jessi--stunning background--fabulous card!

~Tammy~ said...

Love the shimmer, and I love love that beautiful ribbon! Yay, I am so happy you got to play along with us at The Ribbon Reel! :-)

Darnell said...

It is always so cool when a card turns out just prezackly how you visualize it!! And this card is perfection! Love the ribbon, adore the kissy-kissy!! Hugs, Darnell

lostinpaper said...

ooh ooh, I've got this stamp, isn't he the cutest!