Thursday, May 3, 2012

A challenging Mother's Day recipe!

Have to run to get Riley in a sec, but wanted to pop in and share this card for the current Our Creative Corner challenge (open til tomorrow) to create a card using this recipe:


Now obviously, you need to include all the things in a recipe for it to turn out...but I kept ending up with cards that I was *done* with only 3 items from the recipe. But I persevered!

Supplies: floral stamp from Stampin' Up;
Colorbox Frost White pigment ink, white EP;
Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam paint (Rockin' on Sunshine);
paper from Echo Park "For the Record;"
buttons from stash & Basic Grey;
'mom' stamp from Paper Smooches; Mustard Seed distress ink;
crocheted mat by me; ribbon from May Arts

The Glimmer Glam has a marvelous shine - I used glossy paper to get the pooling effect
I embossed the flowers in white on glossy paper, then painted them liberally with a wet brush (nearly as much water as could fill the embossed areas), and then dabbed in the Glimmer Glam with the same brush. I think the rest is pretty straightforward - and I've got a dog dancing at my feet ready to go get her boy!
xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Jenny said...

mmm I think I would have struggled to. Include them all too!
Great technique to get all that shimmer and love the crocheted border...I assume you did it yourself :0)
Yep I did receive the happy email, so pleased to see your quilling caught there eye, love that card :0)
Jenny x

Lindsey said...

I would have got stuck at the button/brad ingredient! Glad you persevered -- love the shiny lilies!

Sharon Wheet said...

what a pretty card! I love the yellow crochet doily, it adds a lot of texture to your card. The trio of lilies is the perfect flower for this! just beautiful.
thanks for playing along with us @ OCC

Wendy ten Hove said...

Love the shiny flowers! And also the color!!! Very original and pretty card!!!
Hugs, Wendy

lostinpaper said...

Super sweet card! Love the gingham bg and those fab flowers!

JJ Bolton said...

Totally worth the perseverance! This is just a stunner! I love the monochromatic design! And those shiny watercolored blooms, wow!!

Hope you have a great weekend Jessi!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous gorgeous! Love the yellows, and I think you know gingham check makes me swoon! :-) Love it girl!

rudlis said...

This card is gorgeous with your use of embellishments. Love the crocheted border and buttons.
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Tui Nathan said...

Awesome card ... love the yellows and that gingham background with the crochet border is just stunning ... I love all the texture here!
Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner!!!

Lisa Arana said...

such a pretty yellow card. love all the bits of texture and sheen. gorgeous.

Jen W. said...

That is some serious shine, dude! The flowers look amazing! Glad you persevered. :)

Unknown said...

stunning!!!! perfect card...love everything about it!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Well, I am certainly glad you perservered for the challenge! This is gorgeous, Jessi! I love the pretty yellow and white color combo and the embossing makes those flowers stand out. Gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! :)

Theresa said...

Hi Jessi - I am so far behind on commenting. I'm sorry I have missed so much. I was looking for a sketch when I came across this amazing card that won top awards. I briefly looked and my brain said - whoa that looks familiar. I went back...I knew it looked familiar. It was YOU!! Congratulations lady. This is just GORGEOUS. I love everything about it. Absolutely fabulous.