Friday, May 25, 2012

PPC #68 - Beautiful Butterfly Colour Challenge

Happy Friday! Think of me while you're reading this, chaperoning a gaggle of sixth-graders across town to see a play...wearing earplugs...and then volunteering at the school's spring fair with noisy games and kids. I love kids, I really do, but are they ever loud! Without further whining, let's check out this week's challenge over at Playing in Paradise, this week hosted by Angela:

PPC #68

Supplies: white cardstock;
Hot Off the Press butterfly stamp;
Versamark and clear embossing powder;
Distress inks: Vintage Photo, Tumbled Glass, 
Bundled Sage, Mustard Seed;
Hampton Arts text stamp;
Studio G sentiment, green pearls
I used the emboss resist technique - first stamping/embossing the butterfly, then stamping the text in the various colours, then sponging the various colours, making sure to wipe the excess ink off the butterfly at each stage. I ended by re-stamping the text over the sponged areas to make it stand out more.

Remember, when you play along with us at Playing in Paradise, there is always a fab prize up for grabs - every single week! Make sure to head over to the challenge post to see this week's guest designer, as well as the nitty-gritty details on the challenge. Super simple - use what you want, make what you're inspired to make, share it with us by noon on May 31st   :) 

And don't forget to check out what the other designers have been up to!

Have a fabulous weekend! If you're in the Amherst/Sackville area, come visit the ZUMBA Divas' Wellness Fair on Sunday at the Lion's Den on Electric Street. There are 36 vendors, with a huge variety of services and goods available...all focusing on an aspect of wellness, whether health, diet, exercise, or even social well-being (and that's where I fit in - cards are one of the most social things there are!)

Thanks so much for stopping by - hope you get time to play with us this week :)
xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Great take on the challenge, Jessi! Love how you panels of colours.

I'm 100% with you about their level of noise! Although they are standing right in front of you and yet they are still shouting at you!

Wellness - I need one! Good luck with your cards!

lostinpaper said...

Hope you're having a fantastic 'noisy' time! Love your rainbow bg on this fab card, and it's CAS! Love it!

~Tammy~ said...

That is tough. Hope you are having a blast! I feel your pain!

Your card is A-Mazing! Stunning use of those colors! I love what you did! So So gorgeous!

fairyrocks said...

This is so earthy and and pretty.
Love your butterfly stamp.
Keep smiling and creating

Allison Rankin said...

I almost went down this road until I saw you did and didn't want to be a copy-cat! I am convinced though that I NEED to do this technique this weekend and pull out my sorely underused distress inks! And I hear ya on the volunteering...yeesh, isn't it enough we get them to school everyday (heh!).

Angela Fehr said...

I love how this turned out Jessi! I'm glad you stuck with it and this really is a perfect one layer card!

Annette Allen said...

just gorgeous...i love how you did the background...all that color is just awesome....very clever and pretty...

Merlie said...

I love that technique! Gorgeous card, Jessi! Oh how fun...I get to do that next month, but with the first-graders to the zoo.

Notes by Nina said...

This turned out great, the colours look fabulous. The butterfly is stunning.

yyam said...

Wow! This looks amazing! I must try this technique! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous, Jessi! I really love how you sponged the background. Fabulous use of the colours!

Jenny said...

Love how you've swiped the colours across in bands, the emboss resist technique never fails to impress me.....still mastering it though when it comes to more than one ink colour!!! Beautiful card, love those colours in the palette :0
Jenny x

Dana said...

Awesome card!! The colors are great!! And i love the technique!!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Hi Angela,

I enjoy the simplicity of your card,
makes the attention stay on the butterfly. You've incorporated the rest of the colors nicely in a soft way which makes me think the butterfly is in foliage.

Thanks for showing, giving me ideas.

Blessings, Barb

kingstonmama said...

Pretty sponging on the background, and that butterfly looks beautiful! Ann

Emily Keaton said...

So sophisticated!! Doesn't the emboss/resist technique give stunning results? I love that lacy butterfly, the great CONGRATs sentiment, and the perfectly placed pearl clusters. Sweet!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous!! Love all that layered stamping and how that beautiful white butterfly just pops off of it. Very cool. :)

Did you have a good turn out at the Wellness Fair today?