Friday, May 18, 2012

PPC #67 - Oh no, it's a sketch!

Hmm, didn't I just say that? Never mind :)
It's Allison's turn to host the challenge this week at Scrapbooker's Paradise, and she's designed this sketch for us to work with:
PPC67

Wedding season is fast approaching, and I'm going through wedding cards nearly as fast as I can make them! 

Supplies: sentiments from Paper Smooches;
Versamark and Moonstone Pearlustre EP, Stampendous;
doves button from Dress it Up!;
papers & label from Basic Grey "Little Black Dress"
I cut the shank (loop) off the back of the doves button with scissors, but that leaves 'stubs' of the shank behind. No worries! I used a paper-piercer to poke a hole in that piece of paper, applied glue to the flat parts of the button back, and then pushed the 'stubs' through the hole. When it dried I adhered the whole panel using a double-layer of foam tape so that it would sit evenly. I tried to get a close-up of that but failed miserably, and now the camera's been co-opted for insurance documenting of the water damage (I will get it back, but hubby's been using it near constantly). 

Remember, when you play along with us at Playing in Paradise, there is always a fab prize up for grabs - every single week! Make sure to head over to the challenge post to see this week's guest designer, as well as the nitty-gritty details on the challenge. Super simple - use what you want, make what you're inspired to make, share it with us by noon on May 24th  :) 

And don't forget to check out what the other designers have been up to!

Hope that whatever you're doing, you have a wonderful weekend!

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Sharon Fritchman said...

Such a beautiful wedding card! I love your take on the sketch! I bet your friends always appreciate your home-made cards!!!!! I love it! And I wanted to come over to "meet" the girls that have participated in the Three Cool Chicks trendy challenges! Hi!!!!!

lostinpaper said...

Love that you are working those sketches... it's my struggle point too. This card is so elegant and perfect colours for a wedding card. Love it Jessi!

fairyrocks said...

Classy pretty card, great take on the sketch, love those two little doves too.
Keep smiling and creating, Have a great Long weekend

Dana said...

So elegant!! And what a great way to use that button!!

Lindsey said...

That dove button is absolutely perfect! What a classy card.

Unknown said...

beautiful take on the challenge Jessi. i love those doves! so pretty

Allison Rankin said...

I thought you would like sketches...I love them (since I hate to think!). Great job!

JJ Bolton said...

What a great use of a button! Those doves are adorable!

Jenny said...

That button is amazing and makes such a great wedding card! I find the stubs of plastic annoying too but not as annoying as the low flying piece of shank you remove!!! even when you direct it in a bin they go elsewhere... Lol
Jenny x

Emily Keaton said...

Awesome wedding card, sweetie! I just love that cute little pair-of-doves button. The perfect embellie! And your congrats sentiment is so sweet. I just love the PS font!

Marie said...

Great card, Jessi. Love the colors and dp. Hate those pesky 'stubs', I file them down with an metal nail file or emery board.

Jen W. said...

Brilliant solution for dealing with those annoying stubs! I like the way you split that frame image - gives the card a lot of movement.