Friday, May 11, 2012

Five hours left...

lots of time. Not last minute at all. To be fair (hah!) I finished my card yesterday, and then spaced out forgetting to photograph it, so it's practically like I was done early. Ahem.

Anyhow.

Over at Our Creative Corner (where, omg, this week they picked my card as a winner! Squeal!) the challenge is to use yellow, kraft, and white. You may think to yourself, has Jessi ever done a colour challenge? And the answer to that would be pretty much a no.


But, I did it (as long as a teensy bit of orange isn't cheating tooooooo badly):

Supplies: patterned paper from Basic Grey "Piccadilly;"
kraft paper from JJ;
sentiment from Studio G; flower from Stampin' Up;
Colorbox Frost White pigment ink; white EP;
brads from Basic Grey
Since I didn't have enough of any of the three colours of brads to do all the flower centres, I mixed it up a little. OK, so as mentioned, you have a whole 5 hours to join in the challenge...and now I must get back to my mad preparations. Friday nights are always a scramble :)

xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Lindsey said...

Orange... the perfect neutral for this pretty card. :D

Annette Allen said...

soooo pretty....love those flowers...

~Tammy~ said...

Jessi, this is beautiful and a great take on the challenge. I would have loved to play in this one! I haven't worked with Yellows in awhile! Love a good challenge to pop me out of my norm (usually pinks and aqua ha)!

Hugs!

~amy~ said...

wahoo on your win and excellent take on the color challenge...your card turned out so very pretty!

CinnamonSally said...

Congrats on your win Jessi, love your pretty row of flowers!!

Jen W. said...

Awesome flower stamp and I love the trifecta of brads!

lostinpaper said...

Colour challenges are my fave... and yours is perfect! LOVE those funky flowers!

Debbie said...

Congrats on the win!! The flowers are so cute with the brad centers!!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats with your win, Jessi! The flowers are beautifully coloured with the matching brads! Love the white embossing on the kraft too!

JJ Bolton said...

Absolutely love how you colored your flowers! Adorable!

Congrats on your win!

Emily Keaton said...

Oh, this is the sweetest ever, Jessi! I am a sucker for yellow and orange. And this clean and simple layout rocks!

Jenny said...

You rocked this colour challenge, perhaps you should do them more often! The multi coloured centres look awesome too :0)
Jenny x

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your win!!! I LOVE your flowers on this card. I always forget about using white embossing then coloring, but it's so pretty.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Jessi! Congrats again on your win last week! So glad you joined us again...for your first, ever color challnge! Whoo hoo! :) Your card is beautiful and I really like the shading on your flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Have a super day! Hugs!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Jessi! Congrats again on your win last week! So glad you joined us again...for your first, ever color challnge! Whoo hoo! :) Your card is beautiful and I really like the shading on your flowers. Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner! Have a super day! Hugs!

Allison Rankin said...

Wonderful in every way! Love this idea of a color combo!

Lisa Arana said...

so pretty, pretty, pretty! i love the mix of brads.