Sunday, May 6, 2012

No colouring allowed!

Oh, this challenge is one after my own heart...I'm not at all confident about my colouring skills, and I'm too big a fan of instant gratification to practice often. The current Young Crafters Unite! challenge (#9) is right up my alley. The challenge rules permit three entries per person, and I thought I'd put all of mine in the same post. You've got until May 15th to join in with your own projects that have no colouring.

Check out the challenge HERE!
I chose different 'not-colouring' techniques for my cards: first, stamping with coloured ink.
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Piccadilly;"
crocheted mat by me (using Lacy Circle nestie);
floral die-cut from K & Co;
silhouette stamp from Inkadinkado; 'Mom' from Paper Smooches;
Faded Jeans distress ink
 Second, not using stamps!
Supplies: patterned paper & stick pin from K & Co;
Antique Linen crackle paint;
vellum stained glass from Hot Off the Press;
button from Basic Grey;
seam binding from girls paperie;
greeting stamp from Gina K; Vintage Photo distress ink
 Third, embossing:
Supplies: papers all from Basic Grey "hello luscious;"
stamps from Paper Smooches;
Versamark & white EP;
lace piece (trimmed in half) from girls paperie;
resin flower from May Arts;
scalloped edges made with corner rounder;
white Liquid Pearls
xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

lovely cards..

Unknown said...

ummm...these are gorgeous!!! i'm still hoarding my crocheted nesties :) love 'em too much to use them yet.

lostinpaper said...

All so very pretty! Love the look of the crackle paint... I think my shopping list just got bigger & I didn't think that was possible!

Jen W. said...

Brilliant! Love the stamp in the first one, the yummy crackle paint in the second and the fun strips of paper in the third!

Jenny said...

Three brilliant examples of not colouring Jessi! I really love the stained glass window card...and those crocheted mats are just cute behind the circle mats :0)
Jenny x

kingstonmama said...

Three beautiful cards. I'm with you as I prefer not to color. These are fab. :) Ann

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my goodness these are beautiful!!!!! I am not one who colors often, so this challenge is right up my driveway! :-)))) However, my 2nd post for tomorrow has a little bit of coloring.

Lisa Arana said...

LOVE them all.. but so love the crochet one for mom. so pretty.

Emily Keaton said...

Beauties, all, Jessi!! You avoided coloring quite nicely on these ;)!!