Thursday, May 31, 2012

Let's get Trendy Now...the end?

Well, no, not the end, because I'm still going to be using all this fun trendy stuff, but my last for the first edition of Let's Get Trendy Now (you're doing a second one, right ladies? lol). If you have projects to link up, today's the last day to get them posted!

So let's see. I've covered all five areas:
BANNERS:
original post here

DOILIES:
original post here
TWINE:
original post here
CONFETTI: (new today)
Supplies: black cardstock, American Crafts;
stickers from Sticko; assorted microbeads;
American Greetings confetti (grad caps, 'congrats' and 'grad;'
shrink plastic used for the shaker window
I prefer to use shrink plastic (unshrunk, which isn't a word, but anyway...) for my shaker card windows to give added stability, since I put just about anything in a shaker card. Microbeads, confetti shapes, beads, glitter...and I notice that sometimes the regular overhead-type acetate isn't quite strong enough for the job. I also noticed after taking this photo that I had a paper cutter 'artifact' up there at the top, which I HATE but did get fixed :)

WOODGRAIN: (new today)
Supplies: paper from Cosmo Cricket;
Wood button from Michaels;
sentiment & twine from Paper Smooches;
Vintage Photo distress ink
There was also a sketch offered with each lesson, and I completed one of them:
original post here
I've really had a lot of fun with this workshop, and I hope that Amy, Yvonne, and Julie decide to do it again. There's LOADS of trendy stuff we can keep playing with :)

xoxo,
Jessi




10 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Sounds like had a good time with the ladies!

~amy~ said...

Awesome job...how fun that you've combined all your wonderful cards from the workshop! The confetti card....made me chuckle that you use unshrunk shrink plastic! Perfect shaker card for a graduate! The woodgrain card...oy, I heart it bunches!!!!!

woot woot for completing all 5 trends!!!!! thanks so much for playing with us!!!!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous makes! I have these emails sitting in my inbox. I have not had a chance to open them yet to check out the workshop.

Annette Allen said...

what a great set of cards...I love that fun confetti card and how you added all that colorful twine on the other...you are full of fun ideas...can't wait to see more..

JJ Bolton said...

All kinds of coolness today! That confetti card is so much fun! I really enjoy shaker cards too and I must remind myself to do it more often, lol! I haven't done confetti, but I've tried "snow", sprinkles, microbeads, and coffee beans. So-much-fun!

Have a great Thursday Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

Great combo Jessi!

Jenny said...

Well it looks like you got all the trends covered...I can't pick a fave but the wood grain looks awesome? Great tip to use un-shrunk plastic for your shaker card...let's face it it never behaves when you shrink it!
Jenny :0)

Unknown said...

what a great challenge! i LOVE your confetti card...and i have a crazy addiction to all things woodgrain...love your cas style!

Lisa Arana said...

go on with your trendy self. you rocked them all!

Jen W. said...

You rocked the LGT cards! Love the shaker card and nice idea to use Unshrunk shrink plastic. :) I like the woodgrain card too - simple and perfect for a dad!