Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Vera's View Challenge at Lily Pad

The end of May has really crept up on me - I keep thinking it's the 20th or so, and lo & behold the 30th has arrived. At least I glanced at the calendar this morning so I've got these posted in time for Vera's View challenge at Lily Pad Cards, which ends tonight. There are so many elements in the photo, and I was inspired primarily by the riot of colours & flowers:

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Piccadilly;"
Labels 4 Nesties; Peeled Paint distress ink;
sentiment & floral stamp from Inkadinkado;
Versamark & clear EP

Supplies: Paper from My Mind's Eye (from Emily!);
standard & lacy circle Nesties;
acetate die-cut from K&CO;
sentiment sticker from Doodlebug;
crocheted mat by me

But cupcakes? Had to make one with a cupcake too:

Supplies: Papers from My Mind's Eye;
standard circle Nesties; letter stickers from Echo Park;
cupcake chipboard from Martha Stewart;
miscellaneous gems

Here's the inspiration photo - don't these look delicious?

Looks like it's time to go wake up the rugrats now - Rob's taken the day off from work to get eleventy billion things ticked off our "to do" list, so I keep forgetting it's still a school day. My internal calendar is truly messed up, people! One of those items on the list is new glasses for me - I cannot wait. I've worn glasses since I was two years old, and so I tend to treat them as extensions of my face...which means I fall asleep with them on, knock them around, wipe them on my shirt or whatever's handy...which means the frames are pretty bent up, and the lenses are nearly cross-hatched even with the protective coating. 

Have a grand Wednesday!
Jessi

14 comments:

~amy~ said...

super SWEET cards...I can't believe it is almost june!

lostinpaper said...

Just beautiful! Keep 'em coming!

Cheryl said...

Fab cards! Have fun getting new glasses!

Allison Rankin said...

Once again, we have the same stash (at least for the first two cards)...ha! Great job! And before I had my laser eye surgery (which I wholeheartedly recommend), I treated my glasses the same way. It is eerie how similar we are!

Marie said...

Love, love love the delicious colors that you used on these cards, Jessi. Guess your glass are just fine if your cards are coming out this beautiful!

Annette Allen said...

super cute cards...

~Tammy~ said...

You are just cranking out the cards lady! Amazing! Gorgeous collections!

yyam said...

You are like a production machine Jessi! These are lovely. :)

P/s: I should not have looked at the inspiration photo...now I'm craving cupcakes...lol

Jocelyn Olson said...

I hope you got through your eleventy billion things to do! ha ha The cupcake card is my fave...probably because it involves cupcakes. The acetate butterfly is really cool. I love the CAS design of the BG card. You are a card making machine (in a good way, not a robotic way)!

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful cards and the cupcake is too irresistable, Jessi! Your story about the glasses tickles me!! BTW have you received my card?

JJ Bolton said...

Such pretty cards! That first card is my fave:) Love the stamping behind the sentiment!

I've had glasses since I was 5, so I know what you mean about them being an extension of yourself. I have a bunch of pairs and switch them out depending on my mood (you should see my rhinestone pair:) I think I go crazy with the glasses because from age 5-12 I got my glasses through the Army med system! Back in the day, they only had a couple of choices for kids. Both hideous, lol!

Have a good one!

Unknown said...

these are beautiful Jessi! i love that first card...gorgeous!

Lisa Arana said...

these are all so fabulous jessi. hope you pick some fine glasses. :)

Jen W. said...

Love the papers in the first one and the gorgeous red crochet mat in the second one. And the stickers in the third one rock - they just scream party!

Did you find some funky glasses? I fall asleep in mine all the time and they are forever slightly askew!