Sunday, May 6, 2012

Crafty Creations Challenges #168 - Mother's Day!

I'm  a new player with Crafty Creations Challenges, but I've jumped right in with both feet - whoever sets the challenges must be reading my crafty mind for what I feel like making :) This time around, #168, is to share Mother's Day gifts, cards, or other projects. Link up your projects before Tuesday! I have two to share.

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Indie Bloom" and "Little Black Dress;"
Barn Door distress ink; Gina K sentiment;
flowers & bee quilled by me
Sakura Stardust pen

I dabbed the glitter pen on my finger, and then swiped it onto the wings 

Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Plumeria;"
Tumbled Glass distress ink;
Marvy vase punch;
Ranger crackle glaze;
flowers quilled by me

The crackle glaze is a new 'toy' for me - I put it on after adhering the vase to my project, which means that it does curl a little bit at the edges. I still love it, though. This second card is sort of a self-CASE of this card, which not only did *I* love, but so did Papercraft Inspirations magazine! Lookie here & see. I'm so beyond excited - I can't wait to be able to see it in print, in person. UK subscribers have it already but it's not available in Canada until the end of June. (I'm still flapping with excitement!) And yes, I've kept the card. It's my first publication, and it'll be going into a shadow box with the magazine :)

xoxo,
Jessi

23 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Wow Jessi are you in print, I will have to look out for this magazine, its not one I usually buy (there are so many on the market) Huge Congratulations, you were bound to be published one day your quilling is amazing11

Sallyx

Annette Allen said...

wow your quilling is so amazing...and these cards are fabulous...Congratulations on being published...that is so exciting...

Lindsey said...

W00T! Congrats on being published!
Hey, at Crafty Creations, we're here to serve. :D So glad you've been enjoying the challenges. Both of these cards are awesome! (Do love me some quilling.)

Unknown said...

Jessi these are beautiful!!! Quilling must take sooo long, but the effect is stunning. I love the glittery bee. I can't wait to buy the copy of PI mag...no surprise that you've been published my friend. I can't wait to see it in print too! :)

~amy~ said...

Such pretty cards! Love the quilling and plumeria!

lostinpaper said...

A massive congrats on your well deserved publication! Love the quilled bee!

Debbie said...

Beautiful cards!! The quilling is so pretty and that crackle glaze is awesome!!
CONGRATULATIONS on being published!!!

Allison Rankin said...

You are such a great quiller! Love that vase one esp.!

Wendy ten Hove said...

These are so pretty!! Love the flowers! But I totally love the bee, that's so funny! Bee-autiful cards!!
Hugs, Wendy

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop!!!!! Big congrats on your first pub, Jessi! That is sooo cool! Gonna have to see if I can find it online...

Your bumblebee is so cute and that crackle glaze rocks. I like how it curled the edges of the vase - gives it more dimension. :)

JJ Bolton said...

Go Jessi! I'm so excited for you! So, so cool! Of course, I'm not surprised that they were taken with your quilling:)

Both of these cards are lovely! And what a wonderful effect with the crackle glaze! Works perfectly with that bluish/green paper (looks like real ceramic)!

Hope you have a great Monday:)

Dawn said...

Congratulations on being published!!! Gorgeous work, love the quilling and the sparkly wings on the bee and crackle glaze on the vase are the perfect accents.

Hugs, Dawn

yyam said...

These are amazing cards! You have mad quilling skills!!!! :)

Karin Åkesdotter said...

BIG Congrats! + your quilling is amazing - as always! LOVE your cards!
Hugs, Karin

Emily Leiphart said...

Congratulations, Jessi! That is so awesome. These Mother's Day cards are amazing! I love the quilled bee and that vase is just gorgeous!

Jenny said...

yay..I'm sooo pleased to be in the same issue as you Jessi... the mag comes out tommorrow and I'll go get a copy each for us :0)
I always enjoy seeing your quilling and so will all your new readers :0)
Jenny x

kingstonmama said...

These are gorgeous, Jessi! I always love your quilling and that bee is really fabulous. It was so fun to see your card on the same page. Such excitement! Congrats! :) Ann

Jingle said...

These are wonderful! Very nicely done!

walchowDesign said...

Congrats, Jessi! Wish I could get a copy from here. Owwww! So excited for you and congrats congrats again!!

Your quilled bee is soooo cute! I posted your card yesterday!

~Tammy~ said...

Yay! You go girl! I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats!

Your talent amazes me with quilling! This card is phenomenal with so many beautiful details!

A true inspiration!

Sandy Ang said...

The quilling adds such a lovely touch to your cards

Lisa Arana said...

my quilling bee is at it again! so darn sweet are these cards. LOVE them both.

Emily Keaton said...

Jessi, that quilled bumblebee is absolutely ADORABLE!!! And I am SO excited for you and your first publication. YIPPEE!!! Your quilling is always amazing and your card SO deserved to be picked. I'm glad PI saw that, too!! I'm sure you'll be stalking your mailbox come June. Don't wear out the grass around it ;)!!