Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

One last catch-up post from me for today - this is my card for the current challenge at The Kraft Journal, Mother's Day: 


Supplies: light kraft card stock; Sizzix embossing folder; classic small oval Nesties; Spellbinders butterfly die; vellum; Frayed Burlap distress ink; Stampin' Up pearls; vellum; unknown sentiment stamp; buttons from stash

I cut out three butterflies from vellum so that I could fold up the wings for some dimension. The pearls hide the adhesive perfectly. And of course, a button frame - I was binge-watching season five of The Good Wife, so I got all sorts of sewing done on cards  this week :)

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Beautiful card, Jessi! Happy Mother's Day!

~amy~ said...

You rock the buttons....happy momma's day!

Carol L said...

This is button-licious and so perfect for a mother's day card! I hope your mother's day was perfect!

Karen Letchworth said...

What a gorgeous card, Jessi. Thanks so much for sharing with us, and please join us again soon. Have a blessed week.
Karen
The Kraft Journal

Greta said...

Sweet card, Jessi--love the button frame!

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, love it done in neutrals and wow all those buttons.

Lindsey said...

I agree with Barbara -- this is perfect in neutrals!

~Tammy~ said...

You know how much I love your button cards Jessi, and I love that you shared one with us at The Kraft Journal.

lostinpaper said...

I only went away for a couple of days, man you have some wonderful posts and cards up at the moment and this one is no exception, that vellum butterfly is swoonworthy!