Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sparkly Stuff!

I missed playing along in Merry Monday last week - having the flu knocked me out for most of the week, and with Mother's Day so close I really had to focus on that. I did still make a card for the challenge though - I'll share it with my card for THIS week's challenge, embossing. The background paper is one I made during my class at the library - I taught faux-faux patina. For how nervous I was before class started, I have to say I am so thoroughly enjoying it! I have the best group of women coming to play with paper :)

OK, so for this week's challenge:


Supplies: image from Bugaboo; sentiment from Reverse Confetti; Spectrum Noir markers; Mowed Lawn distress ink; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic; background: Studio Calico Seafoam mist, gold & silver EP; Sizzix embossing folder, Versamark


The ornament, her shoes, and earrings all have Dimensional Magic for added shine. 


And for last week's challenge, to use pine cones, greens, and the word Believe:


Supplies: Believe stamp from Stampendous; all other stamps from Neat & Tangled;  Distress inks in Festive Berries, Pine Needles, Gathered Twigs; watercolour paper & water brush; May Arts kraft twine; classic small circle Nesties; papers from stash


xoxo,
Jessi

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Love that faux patina background, Jessi! I can see where that would be a hit with your class! Love the pine cones and greenery too! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! Glad you're feeling better. Happy Mother's Day.

jimlynn said...

Both are fabulous! Love the faux patina and that cute image on the first card Jessi!
Lynn

Greta said...

So sorry you got the flu & hope this week is much better! The first card is so cute & love the music background for the second one!

Barbara Godden said...

Love the background, I need to try one, both cards are great. hope you are feeling better.

Lindsey said...

It figures you would pick the world's messiest technique to demo in a library. :D Gorgeous background, and such a fun image and sentiment! And of course I LOVE the background paper in the second one! Such a pretty card, too.

lostinpaper said...

These are great Jessi, I just love the bugaboo girl holding the big bauble, how much FUN is she!

Dana said...

Gorgeous cards!!! Love your coloring and use of pattern paper!!