Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Shopping our Stash #203 - Play Misty for Me!


This week at Shopping our Stash we want you to get out your mists & play! I started by spraying a card-sized piece of cardstock, and then...well, you'll see:



Supplies: stamps from Reverse Confetti; Palette Noir ink; Spiced Marmalade distress ink; Tiger Lily & Yellow Daisy Tattered Angels glimmer mist; button & seam binding from stash; Hero Arts lace; Sizzix embossing folder; gem from stash


After the mists dried, I used an embossing folder and sponged Spiced Marmalade ink on top to help the embossing stand out - and then the watercolour panel and the lace and so on just covered up most of the sparkle, but it's still super shimmery. 



So what kind of mists do the SOS gals have in their stash? Check out the SOS crew: 


And you have until Monday,June 1st to come play!
xoxo,
Jessi

10 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

Awesome highlighting. I can see the sparkle. Or maybe that's my coffee kicking in. :)

~amy~ said...

Beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooh! you embossed AFTER the color was on!!! SO COOL! love this!!! ♥

Chana Malkah said...

Wow, this is just gorgeous! Embossing after the color is on is a nice technique. Very nicely done!
Hugz,
Chana

*Vicki* said...

This is SUCH a stunning design! Love the spray technique of your design and that embossing folder adds the perfect touch to this! :)

Greta said...

I love this! I can see the sparkle--beautiful!

Chris Dring said...

Shimmery goodness! Love the spritzed/embossed/inked background along with the main panel and ribbon and lace...ok I love everything about this card!

Lindsey said...

I think you've still got enough of the sparkle panel showing to justify the glimmer mists! Very pretty.

Becca Cruger said...

MIST! Oh man, I'm definitely going to have to try to make time to play in this one and get all inky. I'm glad you're on the DT because I'm pretty sure there's no way I could compete with this grungy, buttery design. LOVE!

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhh so pretty!!! That spiced marmalade is gorgoues! Fab job!