Sunday, January 11, 2015

Celebrate the Snow

It's Sunday, so it must be time for my Merry Monday card! I must admit I was glad for an easy-peasy challenge since making Christmas cards in January is harder than any other time. Once again my resolution for this year is to play along in all the Merry Monday & Jingle Belles challenges, so I'm entering over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun's Resolutions challenge. And I was inspired by the beautiful wintry colours of the photo prompt at Curtain Call. 



Supplies: snowflake stamp from Unity; Versamark; Moonstone EP from Stampendous; sentiment sticker from Simple Stories; Tim Holtz design ruler & embroidery supplies; cream card stock; vellum




I found it just about impossible to capture the sentiment in a photo - it really is legible in real life, I solemnly swear. I used a tiny piece of double-sided tape behind the snowflakes to hold the vellum in place while I stitched. 





xoxo,
Jessi

ETA: Curtain Call has closed the collection, but I'm leaving it in since I was directly inspired by it :)

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful snowflakes and love the big sentiment on top! Great stitching too. Sure wish we could see a snowflake or two down this way.
Lynn

Notes by Nina said...

Gorgeous card Jessi, I love those stunning snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining us this week for Merry Monday :).

Becca Cruger said...

Pictures. They never cooperate! I can tell just how shimmery and soft this is in real life. Gorgeous, darling.

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! Love the silver snowflakes, so beautiful!!

Lindsey said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty. :) A friend of mine always says my cards look even better in person than on the blog. I carry that thought with me always.

Lori Turner said...

Love all those embossed snowflakes! Very nice touch stitching the vellum :) Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

lostinpaper said...

What a stunning card Jessie!

*Vicki* said...

Wow Such beautiful snowflakes!! Love these creations! ;)

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Love that silver! It came out so flat and shiny. Great card! I made a snowflake card and then couldn't be bothered to photograph it so you one upped me there. One of these days.... But yes, I plan to keep up with Merry Monday too. They were such a godsend when it came time to send cards--I had a bunch made. Woot!

Lynne said...

Beautiful elegant card!!! Thanks for joining us at Open Minded Crafting Fun and good luck!
Hugs,
Lynne, Open Minded Crafting Fun DT

Rebecca Wong said...

This is beautiful, love the silver color embossing effect! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, hope to see you again.
Rebecca, DT

Greta said...

Oh how gorgeous, Jessi!

Myndi said...

Hi jessi! I love this! I'm a CAS girl and this really speaks to me. Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! Good luck!
Myndi xx

Unknown said...

Really lovely white-and-silver card! I love that it's fairly simple, but it still has depth in it thanks to embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck! Hope to see you back again soon.

Hanne, DT