Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Shopping our Stash #185 - Not Your Normal Paper


So this week at Shopping our Stash might be a toughie - because don't we all hoard this special stuff? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? We want to see you use  a specialty paper you had to have: glitter paper, foil paper, honeycomb paper, corrugated paper, canvas, cork, etc.

I went big and used 2, woohoo! I was inspired by the sketch & photo at FUSION to dig out my wood paper.



Supplies: MME wood veneer paper; cork paper; Paper Smooches kraft twine; Flourishes rose heart stamp; Versamark and Pirate Gold EP; classic small circle Nesties; Studio Calico kraft butterfly stickers; AC Thickers letter stickers; lace and button from stash




The Thickers have been in my stash long enough that they are falling off the carrier sheet - pretty sure that qualifies them as ancient. Vicki over at Stamp Smiles is doing a Flashback Friday challenge celebrating old stash - this week is alphabets, and so I'm entering this over there as well. 



AND lest I forget, join in with the SOS crew and use some of that fabulous specialty paper! 

And you have until Monday, January 26th to join in!
xoxo,
Jessi

15 comments:

~amy~ said...

Yay to veneer and cork. Love your card!

Donna said...

Wood paper and cork paper, the thickers and the lace...they all work so perfectly together! So very pretty!!

Leslie Hanna said...

Wood paper! I have that stuff. I use it to die-cut; never thought to use it like you have. I might be a hoarder.

Chris Dring said...

Wood veneer, cork, and lace? You would think that that was an odd combo, but you've masterly combined them brilliantly! Wow, what a gorgeous card! Love it!

lauren bergold said...

ooooooooooooooh! this is a symphony of texture in card form, lol. i wanted to use wood veneer, but only have TINY scraps left. yours looks AMAZING tho! yowza!!!

ps: for any other brand, falling off the sheet would mean ancient, for thickers... (actually having said that, i notice they do seem to be better recently, they maybe changed factories or type of adhesive or something?) (i still usually sew those suckers on tho, lol; they've broken my heart too many times!!) :0

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh this is just BEAUTIFUL Jessi! That wood paper is ooh la la and the Thickers letters work PERFECTLY into your design!! SO happy you were able to get them out and use them here!! It does feel "good" to finally use them, right?!! I am guilty as charged right along with ya!! :) Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome job. love the neutral colours, cork passed through my mind but my one piece is at the lake.

jimlynn said...

I love this Jessi! The cork stuff looks great and that bit of lace is so pretty. Love the shine too!
Lynn

Chana Malkah said...

This is fabulous! Great use of the paper and the sketch!
Hugz,
Chana

lostinpaper said...

Loving the dang cork, that's for sure!...... I know I've got some somewhere around here... probably somewhere real safe lol.

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

This is beautiful Jessie love the wood grain and cork together and the heart embossed in gold sure finishes your card . You aced the challenge.

Greta said...

Unique & beautiful card, Jessi!

Dana said...

Oh my!! This card is fabulous!! I LOVE the gold heart, to goes so well with the cork and wood!! Hmmm i think i have a couple small sheets of wood, i need to find it! Thanks for the inspiration!!

*Vicki* said...

Hello there friend!! Just wanted to let you know that you were featured as a “Flashback Favorite” from the last challenge! Be sure to drop by and get your badge! So glad to have you play along and I hope you’ll join me again today!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful! The natural elements work so well together, and the gold heart is gorgeous!