Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Shopping our Stash #184 - Hide & Seek!

**For my Tuesday Morning Sketches post, please scroll down or click here. Thanks!!**

Oh, this is a fun challenge from Shopping our Stash this week - hide & seek! 

use a hidden element on your project (tag in a pocket, a picture of someone playing Hide & Seek, a pull tab that reveals a message, etc.)

I am just in love with how my card turned out - I love it when the final project matches the idea I had in my head!




Supplies: SO MUCH STASH! Cuttlebug embossing folder (maybe used once before?); buttons, lace, doily, K&Co die cut elements; Tim Holtz design ruler & embroidery supplies; glassine bag & pink clothespin from the lovely Amy Tsuruta 

The scrap of patterned paper I used had stitched elements, so I began by using those as a template to add purple stitching along the left-hand side. I tried to do some random-ish crazy stitching as you can see - that took forever and still ended up having a discernible pattern, but I loves it. I stitched the lace in place, and added the doily to the glassine bag to help cover up the adhesive. I then stitched the buttons on top - stitching through lace, glassine, and two layers of card stock. My fingers! 


Finally I used the little clothespin to attach the "smitten" tag to the "I love you" tag, some foam tape to stick those onto the glassine bag, and omg I love it. The "10 reasons I love you" card is just waiting to be filled in for the recipient.



So now that I'm done patting myself on the back (no I'm not, lol) why don't you check out how the other SOS gals interpreted the Hide & Seek theme? 



17 comments:

Leslie Hanna said...

This is fabulous, even if it is pink. heh heh So. much. sewing.

Barbara Godden said...

Gorgeous card, so many elements so much work and I LOVE the PINK.Lastly the sewing omgoodness so much sewing and yes your fingers. Fab. job.

Chris Dring said...

Well, if you bled all over this card, at least the red would go with the theme. (wink wink!) But seriously, this card is AMAZING!! Look at all the layers! The stitching! The buttons! WOW!

lauren bergold said...

well YES, how could you NOT pat yourself on the back having created at valentinian MASTERPIECE!!! yowza!! love this!!

jimlynn said...

Perfectly hidden and so beautiful! Great job Jessi! I love it too.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love all of your pretty and frilly details with this creation! :) HUGS

Annette Allen said...

wow love all those layers.. awesome card..

Donna said...

I am also in love with how your card turned out!! Very collage-y! The layers are gor-geeeee-ous! Fab job sistah!!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jessi,
You managed to get a lot of wonderful detail into this creation. The buttons are fun and the lace is a nice textural element. This is opulant just as a Valentine should be....
Hugz,
Chana

lostinpaper said...

All those fabulous layers, this is way outta my league!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Oh Jessie I just love this card so much detail and layers,your finger tips must be sore from sewing through those layers. Love all the buttons .

Becca Cruger said...

Pat away. Your back deserves a lot of thuds for this darling creation. You've hit my weak spot with the Valentine and given me another reason I need to get me some of those glassine bags.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--what an incredible card, Jessi!

Unknown said...

Fabulously romantic card, Jessi!! Love the layers and that vellum envelope in the background, and the crocheted lace and all of those stitched buttons!! So wonderful! XOXO-Shari

Dana said...

Oh my gosh!! SO many details, just amazing!! LOVE it!!

Lindsey said...

Great, now your fingers AND your back hurt. :D But, wow, look at all these layers of amazingness! It may just be the perfect valentine.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, Jessi!! I love all the layers and textures!