Thursday, January 29, 2015

Flashback Flowers!

Squeaking in at the last minute for Vicki's Flashback Friday - Flowers challenge! I pulled out some of my oldest stamps to play and then kept making cards that didn't use the flowers. (DOH) Since I got lots of inks out I'm also popping it in at STAMPlorations January Challenge (stamps & ink) and the Simon Says Anything Goes challenge. 


Supplies: floral stamps from Basic Grey; sentiment from Stampendous; Distress inks in Picked Raspberry, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean; Versamark; Stampendous black detail EP; black rhinestones

And you can see pretty clearly why this stamp set isn't pulled out often...distress inks are my go-to and these stamps just don't ink particularly well with them despite all the conditioning tips & tricks. I think this set has been kicking around for 4 or 5 years? 





xoxo,
Jessi


9 comments:

Deepti said...

Fabulous design :) Thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations !

lostinpaper said...

I know I've got this stamp set.... somewhere lol. Looks to me like the ink was meant to look like that when you stamped it, another beautiful card Jessi!

*Vicki* said...

Oh my gosh Jessi, this is absolutely beautiful! I am really loving your flowers here along with the colors!! And you had plenty of time to enter...I tend to do some of my best work at the last minute!! LOL!! So glad you were able to play along today! Thanks so much for sharing your creation at my Flashback Friday Challenge! I hope you will join every Friday with me! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

maria f. said...

And "thank you" for joining us at STAMPlorations this month with this lovely card, Jessi.

Teresa Kline said...

hi Jessi! fabulous stamping, gorgeous card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

Lindsey said...

This is so pretty! I think the flowers look great. Have to admit, I've pretty much given up on my distress inks for regular stamping...

Greta said...

Great choice of colors, Jessi! It's funny how Distress Inks work fine on some clear stamps & not at all on others. They do seem better with rubber stamps in my experience.

Dana said...

Fabulous card!! It wasn;t until you pointed it out did i notice that the ink didn;t ink well, i thought you did that on purpose!! I like to use pigment ink with solid stamps, when i want full coverage of course!! I love the colors you used, created some nice depth!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great flashback card. Those bursts of flowers remind me more of firework bursts than flowers. Ba-zinga!