Sunday, January 4, 2015

Light Bright NBUS

I think this is the first January on record that I haven't had my mojo go on vacation without me! I haven't been entering as many challenges but I'm still creating, so woohoo! I made this card with two challenges in mind - CASology's prompt LIGHT reminded me that I had this Unity stamp in my stash that hadn't seen ink yet...which led me to Darnell's NBUS #3 challenge!


Supplies: stamps from Unity; Memento Gray Flannel ink; MME paper; yellow glitter glue

I paper-pieced the lampshade with some foam tape for dimension, and then decided to use the same paper as the background. The panel's smaller than I intended because first I stamped off-kilter, and then I trimmed it off-kilter. I just went with it :)




xoxo,
Jessi


12 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Love that graduated background and the CAS desiogn of this! Hazel x

Becca Cruger said...

As you well know, I love a good pun. And this guy delivers! Awesome work, Miss Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

You go GF, this is another fab fun full of mojo design!

Joyce said...

Perfect card for the cue word. Love how you made the light in your light! Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Carol L said...

Oh how clever of you to add some shimmer of light shining beneath the lamp shade! Great card!

Darnell said...

I love how you keep it real, Jessi! Nothing looks off-kilter to me on this card, but then I'm looking through a wodka glass ... just kidding, stop it! Your card is ingenious and very sweet! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #3!! Hugs, Darnell

~amy~ said...

perfect! Love the sparkle!

Judy1223 said...

What a classy take on the cue card this time around at CASology! Love the dimension of the lamp shade, but still a CAS design! Thanks for joining us!

Jen W. said...

Love the sparkly glow from the lamp! Thanks for playing along with CASology!
And whoop whoop for the mojo hanging around for the new year! :D

Lindsey said...

It is SO unfair when the mojo heads south alone... glad yours didn't desert you! This is such a classy card, Jessi -- love it!

Dana said...

Oh awesome card!! I Love how you have the sparkly light coming out from under the shade!!

Greta said...

Beautiful monochromatic card, Jessi!