Thursday, January 15, 2015

Glittery Stenciled Birthday

I had great messy fun making this card - embossing paste, spray mists, inks, sewing! The current (for 9 more hours) Just Us Girls challenge is to use stencils, so that was my starting point for inspiration.


Supplies: Dyan Reaveley stencil; Dreamweavers embossing paste; Peacock Feathers & Tumbled Glass distress inks; Ranger turquoise mist; stamps from Annabelle Stamps; classic small circle Nesties; buttons, lace, and seam binding ribbon from stash


I began with a panel spritzed with Ranger mist, applied the embossing paste, and let it dry overnight. Then I inked Peacock Feathers ink over the stencil which I flipped to fill in other parts of the pattern. The rest just kind of happened :)


xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

jimlynn said...

Glittery and beautiful! Love that color!
Lynn

Ina G said...

Wow what a fabulous result you achieved here. Love the layout colours and shimmer. So glad you shared it with us at Just us Girls.

Nancy said...

Love that you found time to join us today at Just Us Girls before our challenge ended. This card is incredible Jessi! Love that you took another side photo to show us the depth and shimmer of your card! Well done!

Carol L said...

Every detail on this card is just fabulous!! I love love love the colors and buttons! NJ!

Donna said...

Ohhhh la la!!! I love how you've used the embossing paste on the stencil!! And the buttons...and the pretty blues....just loverly sistah!

Denise Price said...

The stencil work is cool, and I also love the cluster of buttons. Nice details.

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow! Jessi, this card looks AMAZING! Love how you misted/inked/pasted that stencil and the pretty little cluster of lace, ribbon and buttons looks fabulous! Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Us Girls!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This is really gorgeous Jessi!! Love the blue colors and glitter of course! :)

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card. love everything about it.

Lindsey said...

Yep, what everyone else said. Amazing. :)

Greta said...

Creative & beautiful, Jessi!

Dana said...

Fabulous!! I LOVE the colors and the mix of embossing paste and ink is awesome!!

Debbie said...

I love this card!! I love this colour!! (though my camera never seems to capture it correctly!)