Thursday, January 29, 2015

Playing with Inks & Stamps!

I've been having a play with lots of stamping this week - pretty sure I've used at least half of my inks! This one I had zero plan when I started out, and just kept going with it.


Supplies: Stampendous medallion stamp and clear detail EP; Hero Arts sentiment; Unity butterfly; Distress inks in Picked Raspberry & Peacock Feathers; Route 66 Tattered Angels glimmer mist; Tim Holtz design ruler & embroidery supplies; classic small circle Nesties; vellum; Wink of Stella clear glitter pen


I began by inking the medallion with both Distress Inks and then liberally spraying with glimmer mist. After stamping it & letting it dry (and realizing I had accidentally cut off the edge of the image, doh) I decided on this offset layout. I sewed the medallion panel onto the purple cardstock & then stamped the sentiment...which resulted in uneven inking & thus the Wink Of Stella to the rescue to pull the ink around a bit. I stamped the butterfly on the vellum with Picked Raspberry and quickly embossed it, stitched that on, and tada! 

I'm entering this over at STAMPlorations:



xoxo,
Jessi


10 comments:

Deepti said...

This is so pretty, gorgeous colors and awesome layout :) The stitching adds an amazing touch. Thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations !

maria f. said...

Love your choice of colors and your two-tone stitching. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations again.

jimlynn said...

Glad you kept going with it because it's really really pretty! Love those colors and the cross stitching.
Lynn

walchowDesign said...

Sometimes accident gives the best result, Jessi! Love the off-side cutting of the panel and your inking is beautiful so is your stitching!

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card here!! LOVE the shin and sparkle on this!! The colors look wonderful! ;)

Lindsey said...

Love the colours of this! Also how you switched your stitching to maintain the contrasting colours of the border. Zero plan, huh? Amazing result! :D

Greta said...

Love that medallion & the beautiful butterfly!

Dana said...

Um, WOOOW!! I LOVE the butterfly layered of the medallion!! Fabulous design!! I love the colors too!!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Not just stitching, but multiple colored stitching! You be crazy. It came out wonderful though.

Becca Cruger said...

You should have zero plans more often because this is fabulous! Love the watercolored doily stamping.