Sunday, July 21, 2013

A little romance...

I haven't ended up playing along with the Tuesday Trigger lately, but that lacy collar...it made me think of this medallion stamp from Stampendous again. You ever get in a rut of sorts with stamps? Not so much that everything looks the same, but that you're reaching for the same supplies over & over? No? 

*crickets chirping*

OK then, here's my card:


Supplies: Stampendous medallion stamp, and clear detail EP; Shabby Shutters distress ink; Versamark; Tonic edge distresser; sheer green ribbon; pewter brad from stash




To emboss in green, I inked up the stamp first with Versamark, then again with Shabby Shutters; then I used clear detail powder. The fun flowery doo-dad was made by cutting circles from wide sheer ribbon & heating them with my heat gun. I made sure to fray some of the edges before heating to keep the threads fluffed up. There are 7 layers altogether. After heating, I used my paper piercer & mousepad to poke a hole in the centre of each one for the brad to fit through. After distressing the edges of the panel, I inked it directly with the Shabby Shutters pad, and then mounted the panel to the base with foam tape.


The deadline for this Trigger is tonight, so chop chop! One more post coming up :)
xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

CarlaKH said...

so pretty- I have that stamp and have never inked it I don't think. Maybe I will just do that right now!

Chris Dring said...

Jessi, this is gorgeous! Love the embossed medallion, and that flower is divine!

Andrea W said...

Lovely embossing and your center embellishment is fantastic! I tend to use the stamps and papers near and around my desk. Nothing wrong with that... it's usually my favorites. Have a great day!

Ang said...

Very pretty, love the flower.
Ang

Trinh said...

Pretty design! Love the flower you created for the center. I can see why you keep reaching for that stamp. It's a beauty!

Michele Kovack said...

This is beautiful! I too love the flower in the center!

Lisa Arana said...

brilliant stamp for a central design. so pretty!

Melissa Craig said...

Oh this is lovely Jessi. So victorian. And that mossy green is beautiful.

I'm a Little Teapot said...

So pretty, Jessi! I really like your take on the challenge!

Jen W. said...

This is a real stunner, Jessi!! Love the distressed edges and the awesome medallion you created. So does heating the sheer ribbon shrink it or what? I love the fluffiness of it!

Stacy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Oh I am a sucker for white and green. I did a bunch of Christmas cards last year in white and green, and in my ever so important opinion, they were awesome!! I hope you are having a happy Monday.

Dana said...

Very pretty and elegant!! I sometimes get in a rut, and when i do i clean my place up! Put away stamps and supplies that i've been 'wanting' to use! LOL

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

lostinpaper said...

Such a pretty take on the trigger Jessi!

Lindsey said...

So, so pretty! And so brave to heat your ribbon. Definitely worth it for the finished effect!

Greta said...

Stunning!

Angela said...

Oooo, so elegant!