Monday, July 1, 2013

Wanna Sketch #6

So one more thank you card from last week's blitz (which will continue this week, lol). This one uses the fab sketch from Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch? #6. 

Supplies: paper from stash; Wplus9 banner die; Paper Smooches sentiment; Barn Door distress ink; Picket Fence stickles; yellow sparkle fabric paint


This paper's been on my desk for ages, and every time I tried to use it it just didn't work for me. Using a smidge made for a quick & easy card. I fussy-cut one of the blooms & popped it up over another at an angle for some fun dimension, and sparkled up the large flower centres. I used the largest die in the banner set & then gave each end a twist with my fingers to get the whimsical feel of the banner element in the sketch.

DDWS6
I'm also going to throw this in over at Simon Says Stamp for their Anything Goes challenge.

On Saturday I did a little shopping in my dear friend Barb's stash - and guess what? YOU CAN TOO! She has some really awesome stuff listed on her blog...check it out here.  There are a bunch of Paper Smooches sets...and Nesties....and if I talk much more about it I'm going to go buy more, so please save me from myself.  LOL!

xoxo,
Jessi

19 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh so pretty.. :)

~Tammy~ said...

Love love the paper! So so pretty! Love that flower!

Chris Dring said...

Jessi, this is CAS perfection! Love it! And thank you for the heads up over at Barb's blog. I have done my part to help save you from yourself...now who's gonna save me? LOL!

~amy~ said...

super fun...love the colors!

Lisa Arana said...

That paper was just waiting for the perfect card and finally found it! LOVE this Jessi! That popped up bloom is the perfect little accent too. You rocked the wanna sketch, thank you so much for playing along.

Donna said...

Love it! The bright colours, the flowers...awesome {{possum}}
I am off to shop Barb's stash now too...ENABLER!!!! LOL

jimlynn said...

SO PRETTY! Love those colors you used - they remind me of spring and summer all rolled into one.
Lynn

lostinpaper said...

Totally works for me! Love the colours and fab flowers, what a great card Jessi!

Debbie said...

This is really pretty! I love what you did with the flower!!

Happy Canada Day to you!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

So pretty, Jessi! I think you could whip up a pile of these in no time. ;)

Darnell said...

This card just feels like summer sun, warm on my shoulders. Well done, Jessi! Well done with the card that is; not so well done enabling me to go see what goodies Barb has for sale ... aacckk!!

Andrea W said...

Terrific take on the sketch. The fussy-cut flower adds the perfect touch.

Jen W. said...

Awesome use of that paper! Love the popped up flower and glittery centers. Covering my ears about Barb's sale. I'm on a shopping ban. :(

Greta said...

That paper looks fabulous for this card--so bright & cheery! Love the added stickles & the banner!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.

luv
Debby

Dawny P said...

Gorgeous :) I love the colours you used and the lovely design. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Lindsey said...

Oh, go buy more stuff... you know you want to... :P
Onto this card, which is gorgeous! Your way of using this *unusable* paper totally works.

Jackie Rockwell said...

What a breath of fresh air this card is Jessi! Really beautiful!

Unknown said...

ummm...this is gorgeous!!! i love your take on Lisa's sketch (aren't they awesome?)