Friday, July 5, 2013

Seize the Paper Players!

It's my first time playing over at The Paper Players - I had printed out their last several challenges & didn't make it in time. I LOVE tic-tac-toe style challenges, so it was just a matter of narrowing down what I wanted to do. I've used the sketch from Seize the Birthday #20 as well.

Supplies: papers from Sassafras 'wee bundle;' Paper Smooches stamps (sentiment & leaves); Peeled Paint & Shabby Shutters distress inks; Memory Box leaf die; felt banner & ribbons from stash; Corner Chomper

The card base & circle were rescued from another project that went in a different direction - the sentiment is from one of my new-to-me Paper Smooches sets that I picked up from Barb's crafty sale. I should really just stamp it on every birthday card I send, because I am never on time ;)

Here's the tic-tac-toe grid from The Paper Players - I've played the third row down, birthday-yellow-ribbon. 


And here's the sketch from Seize the Birthday #20:

xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

Pooja Mittal said...

Hey,

Nice post .. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and bloglovin...!!
Keep in touch,
www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

Nance Leedy said...

Lovely card! Your color selections are so soft and pretty together and I love all the texture--especially the felt! Thank you for sharing with us at The Paper Players!

Jenny said...

Hi jessi, sorry it's been a while!!
Funny how card-makers are late to send cards!!... I'm exactly the same :0) Lovely colours and the felf banner is a brilliant embellishment :0)
Jenny x

Chris Dring said...

And here I thought I was the only card maker that sends cards out late! LOL! Love your card Jessi!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jessi! The ribbons are the perfect touch! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

So lovely, Jessi! You always have the sweetest cards!

Have a great weekend!

Andrea W said...

Very pretty! I love yellow and green together and the felt banner really anchors your focal point.

Donna said...

Tic Tac Toe...what a great idea for a challenge! I love how you incorporated the yellow, ribbon and birthday elements!

LeAnne said...

Very cute--you had me at the polka-dotted paper! Thanks so much for playing my TTT challenge this week!

walchowDesign said...

Lovely card, Jessi! Love the matching polka dots bg with the ribbon! Love the combination of the felt and the satin look!

Dana said...

Awesome card!! I love the yellow and green, lovely mix of the colors with your leaves, ribbon and pattern paper!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful color combination and love this card! I could use that sentiment on many of my cards too!!!
Lynn

~amy~ said...

okay, love this whole nature thing you have going here:) Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

Lisa Arana said...

i love how the collage of elements look like a bouquet. beautiful.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Pretty bday card, Jessi! I like that clean and simple sketch. It's been a while since I played in a challenge, and considering how hard it is to go up steps right now, it will be even longer!

Dawn said...

This is beautiful Jessi, love how you've used the sketch.

Hugs

Lindsey said...

So pretty! Great combination of the elements.

Glenda J said...

Jessi - this is gorgeous! Love all the great details. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.