Thursday, July 25, 2013

Monochromatic at the Pink Elephant!

Monochromatic cards are some of my very favourites - and looking through my recent cards, I've apparently been in a monochromatic creative mood of late. The current challenge at The Pink Elephant is to make a monochromatic card/page, so here are a whole bunch! Turns out that my favourite monochrome themes are baby, sympathy, and thank you ;)


Supplies: striped paper from Stampin' Up!; sticker from Echo Park; buttons from stash
Lots of dimension for this baby card - and buttons are generally a favourite on those too!


Supplies: stamps from Unity; Memento Gray Flannel ink; Versamagic chalk ink (Aegean? I think?); patterned paper from Making Memories; Corner Chomper; pearls.
 I stamped the bird 'cameo' onto white cardstock with several inks before deciding on this one. I then fussy-cut around it, and added it to the card with foam tape.


Supplies: paper from Amy Tangerine; sentiment from Paper Smooches; rub-ons from Basic Grey (I think?); Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Corner Chomper
Another super simple card - the doodly paper from Amy Tangerine was perfect for using up some random rub-ons left over from another project and shoved into a random package. 


Supplies: All stamps from Paper Smooches; Labels 5 Nesties; Peacock Feathers distress ink
All the stamping was done with the Peacock Feathers ink - this card was inspired by this card that I made several weeks ago. 

Supplies: more pink striped paper from Stampin' Up!; onesies fussy-cut from Echo Park paper; sentiment from PTI; Memento Gray Flannel ink; pink pearls; classic small & lacy circle Nesties; crochet mat
Another twins card! The 12" Echo Park paper has motifs large enough to fussy-cut and use as focal images. Love that!


Supplies: all stamps from PTI; Memento Gray Flannel ink
Butterflies are an image, like birds, that I reach for over & over again for sympathy cards. Grey is appropriately soft without being as harsh as black. 

SO! If you too feel monochromatic, link up over at the Pink Elephant by Sunday :) I'll be back tomorrow with my second card for this round over at Jingle Belles, and Saturday will be a special post for me as well!
xoxo,
Jessi




13 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks ever so for your kind comment Jessi. What a fab collection of cards you've made! Sarah

Cheryl said...

Wow, Jessi! I love every one of these cards! I never do well with CAS, but seeing these makes me want to give it a try again. My fav is the b&w thanks card with the rub ons. Gawgus, Girl!

Greta said...

Wonderful examples of the terrific look of monochromatic cards! The first card & the last are my favorites--really grab the eye!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Wowsers! You are a card making machine! They are all so great!

Amherst? That is not far from CM...what a small world.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Chris Dring said...

My jaw is sitting in my lap. Jessi, all of these cards are absolutely fantastic! Wow, you've been busy girl!!

Dana said...

Awesome cards!! Each one i saw as i scroll as my new favorite, I love them all!!

Darnell said...

Dude, you must be completely over the ickies to be so productive and make such an array of fantastic cards for us! That's good and thank you for all the inspiration!! (I hope you had an adult beverage to celebrate all that creativity!)

lostinpaper said...

Over the top with elegance, and I see a lot of cas here, you go GF!

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful creations! Thanks so much for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Lisa Arana said...

holy hannah, look at all these amazing cards. fabulous bunch!!!

Grandma Bonnie said...

Wowzers, you've been super busy..they are all so cute/precious!

Peanut said...

WOW Jessi! So this is how you spend summer! Please don't stop. What a stunning collection of cards...all of them gorgeous and super elegant. Thanks for sharing.
Sunny Summer Crafts

Unknown said...

Such a collection of gorgeous cards! Every one is beautiful!