Sunday, July 14, 2013

Simon Says "Pin It!"

Gold is so trendy right now - I must say, if I'm reaching for a metallic colour my first instinct is silver. I made a definite point of pulling out the gold this time. This pin was one left over from my grandmother's birthday card (you can see that here) - I made extra just to be sure I had enough. This one lonely pin was perfect for this week's Simon Says Stamp challenge to "Pin it."


Supplies: Stampendous medallion stamp; Paper Smooches sentiment; Stampendous Pirate Gold embossing powder; Versamark; corsage pin from Michaels; beads & seam binding from stash


I trimmed the card stock down after embossing to allow a smidge of the white card base to show, and to give the poky part of the pin room to be tucked in behind. After poking the pin through the paper, I used foam tape to make sure it was stuck tight, and to attach it to the base. You don't want your recipient pricking their finger when they open the envelope!

xoxo,
Jessi

14 comments:

Darnell said...

Wowza! You have used a simply elegant pin, Jessi, but don't let the lady-like elegance of it fool you because with it you have NAILED the challenge!!

jimlynn said...

Beautiful way to use that pin! AND the color of this is over the top WOW!!!! The embossing looks so pretty again all that blue. Beautiful!!
Lynn

CarlaKH said...

Gorgeous! I love this- so elegant!

lostinpaper said...

Loving the gold Jessi, it's sooo elegant!

Debbie said...

Wow! I love the gold embossing!! Beautiful pin!!

Chris Dring said...

Holy crow! This is absolutely gorgeous Jessi! Love the gold embossing on the blue card stock, and that pin is fabulous!

Donna said...

Gor-geeeee-ous!!!!
Great card for this challenge, I love the gold and blue together and that pin is...wait for it....AWESOME POSSUM!!!

~amy~ said...

be still my heart. this is wow.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Did you hear that? That was my jaw hitting the floor. I'll send you a doctor bill ASAP. ;) When I'm back from the ER, I'll be pinning this card.

Dawny P said...

Nice work - it's fabulous :) Thank you for joining us for our Pin It theme over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

Dana said...

Gorgeous elegant card!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Stunning!

Heather said...

A beautiful card Jess, stunning embossing and I love your gorgeous ribbon and pin!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge,
hugs
Heather xx

Jenny said...

I'm not a metallic kind of gal but I do love the gold on the blue..... Very sumptuous :0) ..... Not got into using pins either... Working with scissors and a craft knife is dangerous enough!!!
Jenny x