Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Shopping our Stash #112 - Your Oldest Punch/Die


Back to our intermittent theme of using your oldest supplies at Shopping our Stash! This time we want you to use your oldest punch or die (that you still have, of course!). I imagine a lot of you were like me & bought cute little shaped punches when you started out...that don't work all that well, and ended up being passed on ;)

Of the ones I still have, two Martha Stewart punches are the oldest - the hydrangea punch, and the butterfly. I still use the butterfly one quite often, so I thought I'd give the hydrangea a turn, and rebuild my wedding card stash at the same time:


Supplies: papers from stash; Hero Arts wedding cake stamp; Spectrum Noir markers; classic small oval Nesties; Liquid Pearls; MS Hydrangea punch


For a change, instead of shaping the flowers first, I glued them on first, and then lifted the petals. That wasn't really a plan so much as a -whoops, forgot a step - but hey, it's over now. Stop living in the past ;) 

Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, August 5th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


xoxo,
Jessi

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

Jessi, I just love that you put all your "whoops" moments in your posts. They always make me smile. :) Your wedding card is beautiful! I love the soft coloring on the image and the punched flowers make a lovely frame. ~Hugs!

jimlynn said...

I've got a ton of those little punches too! You've inspired me now. Love the way you framed out the image in all the tiny, pretty flowers.
Lynn

Grandma Bonnie said...

I love the flowers around the cake, Jessi..it's so pretty!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

LOL! Jessi, too funny! Shaping the petals after they were attached turned out beautiful!! I love this card! It has a great vintage type feel! Bravo!
Blessings,
Michelle

I'm a Little Teapot said...

What a happy card! The sweet stamp and flowers are just lovely!

yyam said...

Oooooh....really pretty! Love all the punched blooms. Sometimes it's good to give some attention to our neglected tools eh?

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥! *how* have i never seen that martha hydrangea punch??!?! seriously! how AWESOME is that! do they still make it? arrrrgh sorry i know i came to praise your card and not steal your punch, but it's your own fault for makin' it look sooooooooooooooooooooooooo ♥FAB♥!!!!! :)

Dana said...

Beautiful card! I love the flowers!!

Lindsey said...

Another great idea for a challenge. And I love the funky wedding cake on a tilt! Pretty-with-an-edge cards always work for me. :)

Chris Dring said...

There's no such thing as 'accidents' when crafting, only genius! Pretty wedding card Jessi!

lostinpaper said...

The flower border is perfect with this fabulous cake Jessi!

Unknown said...

beautiful!

Lisa Arana said...

oh, i have that punch and don't think I have ever used it! beautiful card and the flowers shaped after the fact look just as lovely.