Thursday, July 18, 2013

Another card for Gramma!

This card is for my sister to give our Gramma - she turns 80 next weekend. Sarah asked me to use quilling, and since I wanted all 3 cards (the first one is here) to be the same size & have the same sort of presentation box, I decided to do something a little different - quill with 5/8" paper.


Supplies: 5/8" quilling paper in rose & pink; AC Thickers; bling strips from Dollarama; Bazzill card stock; button from stash


I used 12" long strips to quill each petal, shaping the rose ones into tear drops and the pink into marquise. Once they'd dried in place, I glued on the awesome sparkly button (with the shanks removed) for a super-sparkly centre. The edges just wanted to be sparkly too! 


The box is shown here in the background - simple velvet flowers attached with a rhinestone brad from my ancient stash, and a length of ribbon to hold it closed. The box directions are quite simple - they're available here. 

With the pink, the quilling, and all the sparkle, this couldn't be a more perfect Feminine Birthday Card - so I'm popping it in over at The Pink Elephant, and also in at the Moxie Fab Birthday Card challenge.

I'm SUPER stoked for tomorrow....crafty surprise coming up :)
xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Dana said...

Awesome card!! THe 5/8 strips make great quilled ornaments too!!

Andrea W said...

Very impressive! Every time I see quilling I want to try it... it's on the maybe someday list. Love all the bling!

Peanut said...

WOW! Truly amazing Jessi! I am impressed. Can't wait for tomorrow's surprise....
xxx

Greta said...

This is an incredibly elegant & gorgeous birthday card! Perfect for your grandma who will treasure it, I'm sure!

CarlaKH said...

gorgeous!

JD/ Jill said...

What a great card you created here. Quilling was on my to do list this year...and a crafting friend came over to show me how to do it...and, so far, I've only made that one project...smile. You have inspired me to try again...tfs.

Chris Dring said...

Oh my! Jessi this card is incredible! Love the quilling, the colors you used and the bling!

Jen W. said...

Gorgeous! Love those pinks and all the bling! Now that is the way to celebrate your 80th!

Unknown said...

Lurve. Crazy quill skills girl!!

lostinpaper said...

Uber WOW!

Truelymarry.com said...

Paper art craft is such amazing technique the use of multi colors papers ,that's is very interesting sound how look to fold papers and create flowers and many more things.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Jessi! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)