Thursday, July 25, 2013

Summer Lovin' at Catered Crop

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

Even though summer really isn't my favourite season, there are still some things you just can't do other times of the year! Catered Crop's current challenge is called Summer Lovin', and I suppose I can bring myself to enjoy summer for just a little bit to fit in ;)

This is a Mo Manning image & sentiments that were offered by her as freebies ages & ages ago, and this is the first time I've coloured it with markers.


Supplies: Mo Manning digi image & sentiments; Timeless Twine (denim); Amy Tangerine papers; Bic and Spectrum Noir markers; 1/4" hole punch (for tabs to wrap twine); polka dot ribbon from stash; classic small circle Nesties



I tried to shade her hair with colours that were too far apart - I'm happy with the end result, although it is definitely not what I attempted, lol! And the 'pointillism' background is such a fun one - absolutely perfect for me, and I've been using it more & more. 

Be right back with a number of posts - I am definitely a creature of habit, and my 'habit' does not include having my husband on vacation from work & wanting to do STUFF. Sheesh!

xoxo,
Jessi





6 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a great sentiment, and so right with this cute image. And I LOVE the pointillism background!

Chris Dring said...

OMG! You used a digi stamp! Woot Woot! What a gorgeous coloring job you did on this card. Love it!

Dana said...

Adorable card!! Great coloring and awesome sentiment!!

lostinpaper said...

My parents are visiting at the moment so my crafty time has been a little squished, but I can't complain because it's so nice having them here. ps Fab colouring on this fun card Jessi!

Lisa Elton said...

Awww what a cute image, sweet card Jessi!

Lisa Arana said...

another happy card. love the dots you added, so cool.