Monday, July 15, 2013

Hey!

So you know those cool 'frame walls' that some families have, with a cluster of framed pictures? They look so nice. When I looked at this paper from Amy Tangerine & my new stack of Paper Smooches stamps, the wheels started turning...


Supplies: Paper Smooches stamps - Chubby Chums, Green Acres, Party Posse, A Little Lovin, My Peeps; Amy Tangerine paper; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Bic Markers, GOOGLY EYES; Corner Chomper; Sakura Black Glaze pen

I used four Post-It notes to mask off the edges of each 'frame' and stamped a critter everywhere I thought one would fit. The cow from Chubby Chums was coloured as a pig - stamped this way that's what she looked like to me. I really couldn't decide on a sentiment, so I went with the one that would fit into another frame - in this case, the "hey" part of "hey chickie" from Chubby Chums. I LOVE how this turned out, and I'm submitting it for the Paper Smooches August Guest Designer call. 

Now, in an hour, there will be another Paper Smooches post. You do NOT want to miss this one - the evil doublemint twins got together. That's your only hint ;)

xoxo,
Jessi

21 comments:

Ardyth said...

FUN!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Jessi! That is awesome! Loving the card. It is so cute and fun. LOL. Great card!!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Such a cute card Jessi . You did a great job with the masking .

Chris Dring said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! THIS. IS. BRILLIANT!!!!! I love the way your brain works woman!!! I'd have to frame this because this is truly a WORK OF ART!!!!!

Jenny said...

Oh my goodness... talk about rogues gallery!!! I love how this turned out and I really hope you win that GDT spot too :0)
Jeny x

Emily Leiphart said...

OMG, I love this, Jessi! So fun and fantastic!

Donna said...

Oh that's all kinds of awesome!!! Love the "family" portrait!!
Great work!

JJ Bolton said...

This is soooooooo awesome! And the googly eyes are the perfect touch! Totally cracking me up!

jimlynn said...

Too much fun!! Those little googly eyes just top off a totally wonderful and cute card.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!!! That is all!

Dana said...

Now that is a cool idea!! I just love the googly eyes!!

Andrea W said...

Very clever! The googly eyes are fun touch. Love it!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I can't stop giggling . . . those googly eyes are so SILLY! This is the cutest card I've seen in a long time!!! :)

CarlaKH said...

omg is this ever fabbbulous! I love it!

Debbie said...

Oh goodness! This is so fun! I love all the eyes!!!!

~amy~ said...

**thud**
Love this. sooooo creative and fun!!!

walchowDesign said...

This totally rock, Jessi! Love this wall of fame - totally adorable!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Too darned cute! Love this!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I. Love. It. 'Nuff said!

Dawn said...

Love this - it is so clever! All the googly eyes finish it off perfectly.

lostinpaper said...

WOW!!!! Love the added googly eyes!