Friday, July 19, 2013

Jingle Belles - Sleigh Belles Ring!

Oh em gee, today is finally here! I am so excited to tell you that *I* am a guest star at Jingle Belles this fortnight! What makes this even more exciting for me is that way back in January I set one resolution for myself - to play along with the Jingle Belles EVERY CHALLENGE this year. Take back December! And, quite possibly for the first time ever, I've stuck with it all the way. Lauren & Stephanie have made it fun to get a little Christmas spirit throughout the year :)

So, here's the prompt:

For this fortnight's prompt Jessi came up with "Sleigh Belles Ring" and of course, always mad for a fab title, we jumped on it! We debated for a bit whether the brief should be, "Make a card with a sleigh on it" or, "Make a card with bells on it"... the latter encompassing either the real jingly kind, or just the image of a bell. Finally we decided we'd allow *either* (or both?!) of these ideas... and for anyone who finds those too challenging, we threw a third possibility, "Make a card using sheet music". So basically, if you cannot find SOMETHING you like in this one, you're just not trying, lol! :)

Here's my card:
Supplies: Unity image & sentiment; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spectrum Noir markers; Sakura Stardust glitter pen; Echo Park paper; bells from Michaels; classic small circle and lacy circle Nesties; Corner Chomper; crochet mat by me - available here. 

I knew I wanted to show off a crochet mat to whet your crafty appetite for the little prize packet I put together - and that awesome glittery bell - and the rest of the card just came together! I'd never inked up this Itty Bitty combo from Unity, so it came to play along with Friends with Flair :) The colour palette was completely inspired by the glitter bell - once I'd coloured the ornaments I knew I needed to find some matching paper, and wah-lah! 

OK, now, head on over to the Jingle Belles blog & see the prize you could win just for playing along & getting a little bit ahead of your Christmas panic! 

*Squeal*
xoxo,
Jessi

ETA: For those of you who might be interested, my friend expecting twins? Two healthy little girls were delivered yesterday afternoon, at 37 weeks. 5lb 7oz, and 6lb 7oz. I am so happy for their family! 

32 comments:

ddazzled71 said...

Hi Jessi, thanks so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog earlier. Your card is just gorgeous! I love the softness in color and your use of the doily underneath your image adds such warmth. The bell is a fabulous touch too! Hope you have a great weekend!

Dana said...

Awesome card!! I love the colors, the image on the mat is lovely and i LOVE the little jingle bells!!

Donna said...

Super awesome Christmas card Jessi!
Love how you featured one of your crochet mats...they are soooooo fantastic!!

Ruby said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Perfect for Christmas in JULY.

Rachel said...

beautiful! love the soft snowy colors. and that little jingle bell is adorable
-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com

Chris Dring said...

Woo Hoo! You are a Rock Star!! Congrats to you on your guest gig! Your card is absolutely stunning Jessi! Love the soft colors and that mat is fabulous! Also, congrats to your friend who had the twins!

LauraEva said...

That is beautiful---love the softness! WOW!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Soft and elegant! Pretty!

Gaylynn said...

Oh this is gorgeous. Beautiful winter design. :)

Linda said...

this is super cute. I like the ideal. and the image.

Kris B said...

I adore this card! What beautiful colors and the frosted jingle bell is a fantastic touch! Simply stunning! TFS

Tracy said...

Woohoo congratulations!!!
Your card is a stunner,adore the softness of it all.
Hugs
Tracy
Xxx

Julie Odil said...

Congrats to you! Congrats to your friend with the twins! Love your card, so soft and beautiful!

Angeline Choo said...

Jessi, this card is STUNNING! I love the wintery feel it has to it. Nice!

Teresa Kline said...

congrats on the guest spot...how exciting and taking on every challenge...you go girl! I adore this card, the ornaments are super cute...hope you have a wonderful weekend!

enjoy *~*

Leslie Hanna said...

Woo-hoo! Yay for the guest gig! I'll try to play this one. :)

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, Awesome crocheted mat.

Kris said...

So lovely. Great soft color combination.

Scrapper Myra said...

Love it. It seems so delicate. Good work.

Tameko said...

Beautiful card design. Luv all the little details!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Jessi! This is fab news and so well-deserved!! I ADORE your snowy white and aqua Christmas card with the mat so much!! That frosty single jingle is the most charming touch!

I keep forgetting about Jingle Belles, darn it, so maybe this will finally stick in my head!!

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop on your guest design gig! Love the pastel blue you used here and that sparkly bell is awesome!

JPScraps said...

Great card!! Love it!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Love how there are only the frosty hints of blue.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Jessi! One of my favorite cards! Love your crochet mat--perfect for this card!--& the glittered bell really tops it off! Will try to join in this challenge. Thanks for the inspiration!

Unknown said...

Perfect! Love this design and the little jingle bell is poifect!

Meredith said...

What a lovely, soft color palette!

Corrie said...

lovely card I love the crochet work

Beejay said...

Great seasonal card. Love the unusual color!

Miwa said...

Congratulations! Love the seasonal card! I want that stamp! :)

lostinpaper said...

This is so pretty, loving that pastel shade, perfect with your wonderful crochet mat!

lauren bergold said...

of course it's taken me an AGE to get here and say so, but you know we are THRILLED to have you play along at JB and it's even cooler to have you be our lovely guest star! and your card is AMAZING!!! and the prize is ♥FAB♥! if you see a really pink sparkly card sent in by someone called "rita" it won't be me, trying to go incognito, k?! :) :) :)