Sunday, July 21, 2013

Cool & Sparkly, How I like my beverages.....

So I'm recovering from what appears to be a bout of food poisoning...which I believe is Karma's way of getting back at me for not being sympathetic enough to Rob's food poisoning a few weeks ago. Without getting TOO into detail, let me just say....ew. It was not a great way to spend an afternoon where the humidex was in the 40s Celsius.

Prior to my utterly unpleasant experience, I managed to get a whole bunch of cards made up - and since we're off for a visit to Grammie's I'm just going to post them all in a row. Grab a cuppa :)

This first one is for Crafty Creations Challenge - Sparkle!, and for the CASology prompt: COOL. (Which made me think of the Outkast song 'Hey Ya' - what's cooler than cool? ICE COLD!)


Supplies: silver shimmer card stock; Versamark; Moonstone (silver) embossing powder, Stampendous; Snowflakes stamp from PTI; Sentiment stamp from Stampendous; silver tinsel thread; bells


Four colours of silver on the same card? And yet it works :) The tinsel thread is some I picked up in a package at the dollar store, and let me just say....I will not be trying to sew with it any time soon. Not the best quality stuff, but it is pretty, and SPARKLY :) And of course, snow is cool. How I miss winter :)

xoxo,
Jessi

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty, elegant...exactly what I'd expect you to make pre-poisoning :D

Tracey McNeely said...

Oh my glitter and sparkle Jessi, gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Chris Dring said...

Welcome to the CAS side! We have cookies! LOL! Jessi, this card is so stunning and elegant!

Ardyth said...

Love how elegant the silver on silver looks - this is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Jen W. said...

So much sparkliness! Loving those silver embossed snow flakes and the tiny bells! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Sorry to hear you've had the lurgy. :( So not fun. Karma's a bitch... ;)

Lisa Arana said...

oh my gosh... sooooooo pretty. i love all the different silver.

Rosemary said...

so frosty and pretty... love the little bells! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Dana said...

Oh soo elegant!!! Great card for the challenge! I had a card for the challenge but i took some quick photos when it was 90 degrees and they aren't good! Now its cooler so i will have to take some more to share in the future! I hope your weather is cooler too!!

lostinpaper said...

A wonderful song and a fabulous card Jessi, sooo posh!

Cathy said...

This is so pretty Jessi, beautiful effect with the silver on silver :) Cathy x

Lindsey said...

Sorry about the food poisoning... here I thought you were plenty empathetic. :) This card is gorgeous! Love all the silver.

Darnell said...

Dang, Jessi, I'm so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. That stuff is nasty. I hope you have a mild case of it. In happier news, congratulations for the well-deserved HM from CASology!!