Thursday, July 11, 2013

Christmas in July!

Having just played at The Paper Players last week, I was excited to be playing along again already - I got  right into the Christmas groove this morning, so you'll be seeing more in the next couple of days. The Christmas in July challenge ends tomorrow, so you'll have to get cracking to join in!


Supplies: light grey paper from Echo Park; dark grey paper from Making Memories; classic small & lacy circle Nesties; tiny bells from Michaels; sentiment from Stampendous; Versamark; Moonstone EP


To attach the bells, I taped thread on the back of the crochet mat, and did one bell per scallop, running the thread up & down through the scallops. Re-reading that it doesn't make much sense...hopefully you get what I mean!

(By the way...don't forget that if you play along with Tuesday Morning Sketches' birthday party, you can win yourself some crochet mats. Or, if you can't wait, you can buy them here!)

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Jesse this card is beautiful love your crocheted doily and the addition of the jingle bells make the card .
Hugs Marilyn

Jenny said...

You've certainly got you're Christmas groove on!! and I bet that card sounds wonderful too.... love the lickle bells around the mat :0)
It's too hot here to think about Christmas even though a ton of snow would be most welcome at the moment!!
Jenny x

jimlynn said...

After seeing this I'm ready to put up my Christmas tree. Loving those bells! So pretty.
Lynn

Dana said...

Oh i just love how you added the bells!! I have to get started on christmas cards!!!

Chris Dring said...

I bet your walking around, this card in hand, and shaking it so the bells ring! (Well, that's what I'd be doing! LOL!) Fabulous card Jessi!

Darnell said...

Jessi, this is sooo great!! What a wonderful idea for me, now that I have some of your exquisite crocheted mats!! And I think (I need to look) that I even have some of those wee NBUS jingle bells!

lostinpaper said...

The bells are perfect on your gorgeous mat Jessi!

Anne Marie Hile said...

So pretty, Jessi! The bitty bells are such a festive touch. Thank you so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

Debbie said...

These teeny bells are adorable!! Beautiful card!!