Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Shopping our Stash #111 - I do not need another...or maybe I do?


Pre-scheduling once again...I don't know how people do this regularly! I much prefer live-blogging. 

So how's that title for you? Clear as mud? Well, here's what we mean by this week's Shopping our Stash challenge: 

something you buy a lot of, like every butterfly stamp, or every Magnolia stamp, every pad of paper by a certain company, or every color of washi tape...

USE IT!

Obviously this item will be different for each of us, so be sure to tell us what YOUR item is in your post. I waffled - I have a number of things that I buy too many of, but in the end I went with the item you all might have guessed - BUTTONS. I do not need another button, but even though I have many, there are still times when I don't have the *right* one. I store them, by colour, in Ziploc bags. Riley loves to sort them for me :)


Supplies: buttons! 62, to be exact, all sewn on; PTI sentiment; Memento Gray Flannel ink; Paper Smooches clouds die; miscellaneous rhinestones in matching colours


I purposely chose a mix of sizes & types of buttons - clear ones as well, as they'd show up better on the white paper than they do on colours/patterns. It makes for a wonky rainbow, but I can tell you - although I didn't sell it, it got picked up off my table about a dozen times! It's just so HAPPY.

Come & play along with this challenge until next Monday, July 29th - hop on by & leave the rest of my teamies some love!


xoxo,
Jessi

16 comments:

lauren bergold said...

ok i already ♥LOVED♥ this one just by virtue of the gorgeous "wonky" rainbow AND zillion button usage, but it is only just now reading your post that i realized you SEWED EVERY ONE OF THOSE ON THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! good gravy marie! that is just NUTS... in the best and most impressive way, obviously!!! :) :) :)

lauren bergold said...

ps re blogging: i prescehdule EVERYTHING (not by a huge margin, but at least the evening before!) and i actually feel weird and unsettled if i have to blog live; almost always leave out the MOST IMPORTANT THING & have to edit it w/in an hr of posting... arrrgh... :0

Kara said...

This is amazing. I love buttons. I have bins and plastic boxes and bags and...

Annette Allen said...

wow this is buttontastic.. i love it.. your so creative and how fun are all those buttons..

I'm a Little Teapot said...

But at least buttons do not take up a lot of space and you appear to have found lovely ones! Very creative card, Jessi! It is so sweet!

Angela said...

This is amazing...I love all those colorful buttons and gems! I agree...sometimes I don't have the "right" button either....

Lindsey said...

You SEWED all 62 on. You are indeed crazy for buttons. :D Makes for one happy card, just as you said!

Andrea W said...

Fun use of buttons! Love it!

~amy~ said...

seriously, wow. This puppy needs to be framed...it's awesome.

Ulina / Apricot Bubbles said...

What a great card - so cheerful and happy! It puts a huge smile on my face this morning - thank you!
Have a nice day, Jessi!
Ulina

Chris Dring said...

You. SEWED. 62. Buttons. On. This. Card! Holy crow! You are amazing...or nuts...no, I'll go with amazing!! This card is soooo cool! Love it!

lostinpaper said...

Now let me guess..... was it buttons?

Laura said...

So fun!!! Buttons are one of those things I think you can never have enough of! :)

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! Your button collection must be amazing!!

Lisa Arana said...

this is card is fun, fun, fun!!! i love it.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet card! I love the wonkiness of the rainbow ;)

It must be a heavy card!