Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Magical Christmas

Once again I nearly missed it - the current DIGI challenge over at jingle belles ends in about 4 hours. I had colouring issues. I don't know if it's the new printer, but suddenly alcohol markers are not cooperating with some things, but not all. Same paper every time. I think I'm comfortable blaming the humidity - it's been over 90% all week, and today, the nicest day all week - it's still 80% humidity while the sun is bright & shining. Good thing I already don't care how my hair looks!

Anyway, after having to print out my stuff 3 times, I was just about ready to throw in my sweaty towel, and I got this one to work. YAY! I put it together using the Wanna Sketch? 6 from Lisa, and some help from Connor in choosing the patterned paper.
Supplies: Digi image & sentiment from Pink Cat Studio; Echo Park paper; Bic Markers; WPlus9 banner die; Mod Podge Dimensional Magic 

Connor, by the way, has decided that he loves sequins. A lot. He wants me to sew them on his tie - we already did a few - and down the sleeves of his matching shirt. This could get interesting!

Back to the card - these are some of the very first digis I ever bought. I just love those frogs! I haven't used them in a long time & thought it was time to bring them out to play. The frogs' eyes, and the snowman's eyes, nose, and buttons are all glossed up.

Don't forget about Barb's goodies for sale - there are still a whole bunch of Paper Smooches, Hero Arts, Nesties, and even Simply Renee organizational stuff available :) check it out here

xoxo,
Jessi

18 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

Lol, I had to laugh about Connor and sequins. I love the paper he helped pick and that snowman was the perfect image to feature for the sketch. Way to rock out a Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with wanna sketch!

Stacy said...

Oh it is Christmas in July time! Love that your little guy want sequins on his tie; how cute is that?

Your card is really cute. I am glad everything worked out. Those frogs are having a merry christmas! I am also impressed that you are able to keep up on all of the challenges out there :)

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Love your card the image is so cute . Thanks for sharing
Marilyn

Lindsey said...

Connor has excellent taste in background patterned paper. I'm reserving judgement on the sequins for now. ;)
I adore these frogs! I have the same issues with printer digis... sometimes I can colour them no problem, sometimes it very quickly turns into a smudgy mess. I think it's moon-phase-related.

Dana said...

What a super cute image!! I love the little frogs with santa hats!! The card is awesome, well worth headache!!

Lisa said...

well, I think your colouring is fantastic and the idea of glossing up the eyes is great. this is a lovely card!

Chris Dring said...

Ok, I want to see pics of Connor rockin' the sequins! He has excellent taste in picking out the patterned paper. Love how you colored your image Jessi. Sorry about having to almost pull your hair out just to get a decent image to color!

Darnell said...

Jessi, I am your slave whenever you make a froggie card and this one has me giggling like a lunatic! TFS!! You will have to post a picture of Connor's multi-sequined outfit! He's the Sparkle Dude and he picked out the perfect BP for your adorable card!!

lauren bergold said...

i already thought this was about as awesome as xmas cards get, even before i knew there was a sequin-bedecked connor helping in the creative process. of course now i feel i *MUST* dibs this one in dec... and also ask to be on the wait list for when you start marketing those gorgeous custom sequinned ties, obviously! i'll take 2 dozen, please, mostly PINK!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

Greta said...

Made me laugh, Jessi! Darling card & Connor made a good choice for the paper!

lostinpaper said...

Sometimes I use a spray to 'set' the ink from the printer,it's really easy to do and only takes 10 minutes to dry. Love those little Christmas frogs BTW!

Unknown said...

Jessi you are a doll for spreading the news of my de-hoarding sale :) thank you so much

I love this card. Perfectly CAS, cute and frogilicious!!!

Dawn said...

How cute! Connor chose beautiful paper for you and that image cracks me up - love the frogs!

Hugs, Dawn

yyam said...

Awwww.....so cute!

yyam said...

Awwww.....so cute!

Donna said...

Compliments to Connor on picking some great design paper!! And I think he will look very spiffy with some sequins! Gotta love some sparkle!
Great card...how smart are you starting your Christmas cards in July???

Emily Leiphart said...

Ack, LOVE that PCS digi. Cute, cute, cute! Wonderfully coloured, Jessi. As much as I'd like to start making holiday cards now, it's totally against my nature. Haha.

Jenny said...

I had the same problem with my Promarkers and memento ink the other day and wondered if it was the heat!!! You could be onto something there!!
That's a really fun image.. frogs and a snowman!!!!????
Sewing on sequins is a bit of a pain, I bet you hope that doesn't last :0)
Jenny x