Friday, October 12, 2012

A new sketch challenge!

Well, holy moly. Some very talented people are revving up a new sketch challenge, (CAS)E This Sketch, and as soon as I saw their posts yesterday, I knew what I wanted to do. Making something the same day the challenge is posted? I did that with the DYSU challenge yesterday too...now this isn't quite as weird since at least I waited a whole day to post it, but still. Me, early?

O_o

Not right, somehow.
I love my card - and I have some more ideas too. This layout is just fun!
Supplies: papers from MME "Indie Chic;"
scrap vellum;
sentiment stamp from Annabelle Stamps;
Memento Gray Flannel ink;
Spellbinders butterfly die;
embroidery thread;
1" and 1.5" circle punches


I cut four butterflies out of vellum, lined them up, and pierced through them & the pink circle. I stitched with pink embroidery floss, and brought the thread up at the 'head' and trimmed it to make antennae. Then I adhered the pink circle to the card (hides the pesky stitching at the back this way!) and fluffed out the wings for dimension by folding each side toward the other.

The linky for this week's #1 CTS challenge is open until noon on Tuesday October 16th, so you have lots of time to play along & link up. I think a lot of people have been inspired - I already see 13 links up and it's not even a full day yet! 
xoxo,
Jessi

17 comments:

Annette Allen said...

beautiful card...that butterfly is amazing..

Chrissy Larson said...

Such a gorgeous card. The butterfly is perfect! Thanks for playing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch.

Jackie Rockwell said...

I ADORE the subtle patterned paper and the multi layered velum butterfly is STUNNING! So glad you played along with us in our first CAS(E) this Sketch challenge!!!

fairyrocks said...

Very classy Jessi, love the delicate butterfly

jimlynn said...

Oh WOW! I LOVE the way you did the butterfly on this! SO PRETTY! I'll have to try to get a card entered there too - it's a great sketch!
Lynn

walchowDesign said...

Awww... this is so beautifully done, Jessi! Love how you did with the butterflies and your stitching is so neat! I'm off to the tropics tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Love that layered vellum butterfly with bling at the center. Gorgeuos card. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this sketch challenge:)

Lindsey said...

The layered vellum butterfly is brilliant! What a pretty take on the sketch. And wow, entering all these challenges early!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous vellum butterfly.

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely gorgeous Jessi!! Such a fantastic take on the cas sketch (you and me both doing cas *and* sketches... who woulda thought)!
thanks so much for joining with us at our first challenge at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Debbie said...

Beautiful!!!! I love your butterfly!

I'm going to have to go check out this challenge!

Unknown said...

I'm loving this new challenge too. I think this is a perfect take on the challenge! You don't think so?

Darnell said...

This is such a beautiful vellum butterfly, Jessi! Just stunning!! Isn't it a fun challenge ~ and good for you for shocking everyone's biscuit by being so early!

(Thanks for the 'versary good wishes and all your support and encouragement!! I'm glad you like my little bits. What?!)

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful! I love your vellum butterfly with the stitching. It goes so well with the patterned papers you chose. Soft and pretty! ann

JJ Bolton said...

Gorgeous! If you close your eyes a bit, it looks like the butterfly wings are fluttering! (No, I'm not drinking yet today, lol!) Seriously though, that butterfly is beautifully ethereal!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh, this is so pretty Jessi! I can't take my eyes off of it! You blew this sketch out of the water with beauty and elegance! Wow the use of vellum is pure genius! Seriously, I am so inspired!

Jen W. said...

Really annoyed that I totally missed this challenge. Love your take on it though. I'm definitely going to try making one of those butterflies - love all the dimension!