Monday, October 1, 2012

Scallops!

Scallops! One of my very favourite things to add to a card...this week's challenge at Do You Stack Up is to use them - you've got until tomorrow afternoon to share yours!

Love that incredible picture of a scallop - so many details you don't see when you find the shell on the beach. Much more beautiful when the creature is still in it!
Supplies: rose, flourish, and scallop sticker from Echo Park "For the Record;"
sentiment from Mrs. Grossman's;
twine from Paper Smooches

The rose sticker wasn't aligned in a way I liked, so I trimmed the stem off,
and then used foam tape to pop up the bloom. Tada!
While I was in Vancouver I found the "For the Record" collection by Echo Park...12x12...on sale for $7. I really did try not to buy it, but I just could NOT pass up the deal. 

xoxo,
Jessi

9 comments:

WencheP said...

Beautiful and elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

jimlynn said...

Stunning and beautiful!
Lynn

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful! What a gorgeous flower. ann

lostinpaper said...

Love the way you 'found' some crafty supplies on your holidays, I'm glad you did because your card is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is awesome Jessi! I love this huge bloom and the black scalloped strip is perfect. Beautiful design. Thanks for joining us this week at DYSU!

And, I'm happy you found some goodies for cheap! Atta girl! :D

Angela said...

This is stunning...so crisp and beautiful...can't believe it's a sticker...wow!

Wendy ten Hove said...

So pretty! Love the bright and bold colors! Especially the black swirl, looks stunning!!!
Hugs, Wendy

Nance said...

Gorgeous again! love the color combo and patterns.

~Tammy~ said...

First, Holy cow...you have been busy! I am exhausted, but in love! :-))))) I will start with Girl I love how you wrapped the twine! I love this technique, and I am too lazy always to take the time to do it. I love the pretty colors and the pretty flower and the pretty card in a nutshell! I love all things pretty! But I am guessing you know this about me! :-))))