Saturday, October 6, 2012

Happy Birthday, Theresa!

I can't tell you how excited I am to spill the beans - Theresa is having a birthday today! Not only is Theresa turning 50 today (woot!), but this year October has a special milestone meaning for her - she is celebrating 5 years cancer-free. Every time I think of that, my heart warms and my eyes tear up. Theresa is a beautiful person, so supportive, and I count myself very lucky to know her. Make sure you stop by her blog today & leave her some big birthday wishes!

To kick off the party, a bunch of Theresa's crafty friends are showing off their stuff today - including me :) Here's my card that will be going to live with Theresa soon - 
Supplies: stamps from The Cat's Pajamas;
Worn Lipstick distress ink;
chipboard from Martha Stewart;
prolly half a roll of foam tape ;)
As part of a month-long celebration of Theresa, her sister Melissa is hosting a month-long challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Here's the deets:

So to celebrate this occasion, we are having a special month long challenge.  Here are the specifications:
  • You need to create a card or project that is Pink and Birthday themed and link it (directly) below
  • This isn't a blog hop, it's a party, so please mingle with your hostesses.  In other words, visit the hostesses blogs at your leisure and leave them some love.  There's no particular order that you have to follow.
  • You must stop by the birthday girl's blog and leave her a message.  You might want to anyway, because I hear she's got a prize there.

You have all month to play along.  Your deadline to link is October 31st, 8:00 pm EST.  After that, the link will close and there will be one randomly drawn winner for a fabulous blog candy.  I'm not going to say much about what's in the prize, but I will say that there's a Scor-Pal in there! 


...and here's the list of the party posse!

There's a full list at the Tuesday Morning Sketches blog, and the linky will be active right up to October 31st. I really hope that you can play along & help us party with Theresa! You might be curious why PINK? It's her favourite colour!

Happy Happy Birthday, Theresa - love you, my dear friend!
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Total fabulousness! Great fun card Jessi!

~amy~ said...

Now how fun is this...awesome things to celebrate and that's what your FAB card does..makes you want to celebrate!

Debbie said...

What a fun card!! I love that sentiment!!!

Theresa said...

Jessi, your card is fantastic!! I love all the presents. Awesome card. Thank you for the beautiful words. I am so glad you are my friend too. Thank you for celebrating with me.

Unknown said...

awesome design Jessi! I love the happy feel...great dimension (lotsa foam tape indeed! lol) and color. you're the sweetest bloggie friend i know...what a great way to honor a friend xx

Grandma Bonnie said...

Jessi, what a beautiful card you have made honoring our friend, Theresa! I love he presents!

walchowDesign said...

Theresa is so lucky to have a great friend like you, Jessi!

Totally love this "presents" card and the sentiment is perfect!

Cheryl said...

This card is so FUN! I love the chipboard gifts and all the glitter! I never think to use chipboard, but it looks so nice and sturdy on a card. I need to remember that. Hope you have a fantastic week!

~Tammy~ said...

Lots of wonderful goodness to celebrate here! Beautiful card! You rock J! You Rock! I know she loved her card!

Kylie said...

I'm loving all this bling and so many presents! Gorgeous! xx

mags said...

A really lovely fun card. Love all the little presents and the sparkle. Happy Birthday Theresa.
Mags
x