Friday, October 19, 2012

Playing in Paradise #89 - Colour Inspiration!

Good morning! I have finally climbed out of the basement - I was searching for Christmas supplies. After I found them, though, it was making room for them in my crafty corner. I have an L-shaped section in the middle of the house, and keeping things stored yet accessible is a challenge. I ended up getting right down to the nitty-gritty and sorting through drawers & changing how I store everyday things as well. So far the new set-up is working...and it will, until I forget where I re-homed something.
Without further ado, today is of course the new Playing in Paradise challenge. Last week we had 9 players - which is fabulous! - but of course we'd love to see those numbers grow! Remember, there is always a fabulous prize - every week - AND there are no limits on what products you use. This week, Merlie is our hostess, and she's challenging us to create a project using this colour story:

I have been reaching for more & more white cardstock lately, and especially when working with a colour challenge. This time around, I was actually playing around with this background paper for another card, and realized I had the perfect start for this challenge!
Supplies: paper & label from Kaisercraft "Madame Boutique;"
stick pins from little yellow bicycle;
Tumbled Glass distress ink;
sentiment from Annabelle Stamps;
Offray ribbon, vintage buttons;
mesh tape from my dear friend Barbles!


The vintage buttons are from my mother-in-law's big jar...love this flower!
For the label/embellishment cluster, I wanted to minimize how much everything stuck out - I wanted the dimension, but I also wanted it to fit in a standard envelope! Here's what I did:
-stamped greeting on label
-adhered label with doubled foam tape ONLY in upper left corner
-sewed bow through the centre knot - being careful to sew through both the label & the card base.
-sewed on cream button - the 'top' hole is sewn through the label & card base, the 'bottom' hole through only the card base
-tucked pins in behind the bow & cream button
-glued on the flower button with a very generous dab of glue.

 So, what do you think you'd like to make with these colours? We'd love to have you play along! Check out what the other Playing in Paradise designers have made, and link up with us before next Thursday, October 25. 

xoxo,
Jessi


11 comments:

~amy~ said...

awesome take on the gorgeous color combo!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Jessi, I love the soft look of your card and the bow with the buttons is fantastic.

Unknown said...

***wiping drool off keyboard***
LOVE this Jess! the buttons and bow are perfectly placed and it has so much dimension without needing a bunch of foam tape. awesome inspiration for the challenge ;)

Allison Rankin said...

Lovely choice of DP! And great adds with all those pretty embellies! Off to continue wasting my Friday!

jimlynn said...

Simply gorgeous!!! Love the DP and that pop of blue is perfect! SO very lovely.
Lynn

Annette Allen said...

wow totally gorgeous...

Lindsey said...

This is a really beautiful card! Great combination of elements.

fairyrocks said...

So pretty Jessi, thanks

Debbie said...

This is gorgeous, Jessi!! I love everything... the DP's and buttons and bow and pins... all of it!!

Angela said...

Wow, stunning! Beautiful bunch of cards, Jessi...I've enjoyed my visit!

lostinpaper said...

Bring on the shabby! Love it!