Friday, October 12, 2012

Playing in Paradise #88 - Is there an ECHO in here?

Happy Friday! It's time for the new Playing in Paradise challenge, and this week Angela is challenging us to use repetition in our design. She's done a great little tutorial explaining what she means - go check it out at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog here.
I have a different sort of project to share with you today - sale signs. My friend Cheryl makes beautiful jewelry, and sells it at the Sackville Farmer's Market (the same market I participate in...Saturday mornings, 9-12, at the Bridge Street Cafe in Sackville, NB. Hint hint!) She's had me make signs for her before, usually smaller ones, but this time she asked me to make signs for her main display boards. Having a larger design than my usual cards was fun - and I've not only used repetition within each sign, but I've used repetition to make the different signs a set. Here they are:

Supplies: alphabet stamps from PSX;
Butterfly stamps from Martha Stewart and Inkadinkado;
floral silhouette from Digital Princess;
leaf silhouette from Annabelle Stamps;
yellow flower-dots from Basic Grey;
Distress inks:
Salty Ocean
Squeezed Lemonade
Picked Raspberry
Bundled Sage
Peeled Paint
Shaded Lilac


As always, click on any of the photos to view it full-size!

I've used the same colours and stamps repeatedly on each sign, while using a slightly different layout & different inking to preserve some differences. The most important thing? Cheryl LOVED them!

Come show us how YOU use repetition, and you could win an awesome prize! You've got to play to win, remember :) The linky for this challenge will be open until noon on Thursday October 18. 

Don't forget to see what the rest of the team has been up to:


xoxo,
Jessi




10 comments:

fairyrocks said...

My daughter runs a large farmers market in Airdrie. I don't go, but am planning on doing the Christmas market she is hosting in November. This has given me a wonderful idea.
Thanks!!

Notes by Nina said...

What a wonderful idea Jesse, these are beautiful. I love all the butterflies.

Dawn said...

Your display signs are beautiful! Such a great idea and sure to draw attention.

Hugs, Dawn

walchowDesign said...

Great repetitive designs, Jessi! The display is beautifully designed and I love all the colours!

Lindsey said...

How could she not love these signs? They're beautiful!

lostinpaper said...

Sooo pretty and such fun signs! Hope business booms!

Unknown said...

These are so pretty! I love the colors.

kingstonmama said...

Beautiful signs. I love your colors and designs. The stamped lettering looks fabulous, too! ann

JJ Bolton said...

I don't know what I love most? The actual design of the signs or the fact that you paired up with one of your crafty buddies? So very cool!

Jen W. said...

Of course she loved them - they're fantastic! Love all that layered stamping and the fun fonts!