Sunday, October 21, 2012

Little Red Wagon #155 - Bow-dacious!

This week at little red wagon #155 the prompt is to use a bow on your card. I've been using less ribbon on my cards, I've noticed, and more twine or thread. I pulled out some recycled-from-a-package ribbon I'd been hoarding that's green on one side & brown on the other....and discovered that it was too short to tie a nice bow, because of its width. I got the bright idea to trim it & fray the edges - and voila! Nice bow, that totally did not work on this card.

BUT

When I pulled the threads out to fray the edges, they came out easily & untangled. Maybe they would make a nice bow? YES! The feather is glued underneath the patterned paper layer, and then I've sewn on the thread bow, the button, and finally the bitty twine bow.
Supplies: papers from Basic Grey "Oxford;"
button from Basic Grey;
twine from Paper Smooches;
birthday sticker from Mrs. Grossman;
peacock feather

I love that the threads are striped - such a cool look!
And the cool frayed bow? Now it's taken the place of the twine bow, just waiting for its own perfect project to turn up :)
xoxo,
Jessi

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is beautiful! Smart of you to recycles as much as possible :) The threads are pretty. They remind me of those crimping irons I used to use back in the day lol

Lindsey said...

That rescued-thread bow is the perfect rustic addition to this card! Love the papers with the feather, too.

Jen W. said...

That frayed bow is awesome! And it goes perfectly with the papers. Nice one!

yyam said...

I think it looks awesome! Love the peacock feather and twine! :)

lostinpaper said...

Super sweet feather! LOVE that bow!

JJ Bolton said...

You + peacock feather = coolness! And that frayed twine bow has the most amazing texture! Don't you love when those little experiments work out?