Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tuesday Morning Sketches #167 - Sassy Studio Designs!

*koff koff* Happy *koff* Tuesday, everybody :) *koff*

Have you ever noticed that when someone brings home a cold, that first person never gets as sick as the others? Around here that person is usually Riley, but for once it's Typhoid Connor. And I know I'm whining, but really, I spent the last 36 hours or so in bed. I cooked Thanksgiving dinner - success! everything tasted good, although I could have timed the vegetables better. Still, not bad for the first turkey in years. Today it's being turned into soup :) Anyway, the post-turkey coma extended into yesterday - I got up to eat & take meds, and managed to stay awake for a total of maybe 3 hours throughout the day. I really hope that was the end of that! Thank goodness Rob had the day off work to take care of everything else (well, not the dishes from Thanksgiving, or the laundry, or anything like that, but you know, keeping the kids alive. That part!)

Let's interrupt the whining to talk about something WAY more fun - this week's sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches, and this week's sponsor, Sassy Studio Designs! So many fun images to choose from - I've used Wicked Honey. AND, don't forget - this week is our judged challenge, and the twist this week is
The Letter E

For my card, my letter E twists are "EEK" and "embossing." The embossing is a little tricky to see - the circles forming the flower frame were embossed with a Halloween folder before punching them out & adhering them. 
Supplies: papers from We R Memory Keepers;
flowers from Prima;
brad from Basic Grey;
Cuttlebug Halloween embossing folder;
American Crafts sticker;
MFT 'Eek' stamp, Warm Flannel Memento ink;
Wicked Honey image from Sassy Studios

A bit more of the embossing shows here - on the green circles.
Here's the sketch:


Cool, right? Wait until you see the different ways the design team interpreted both the sketch & the letter E - too much fun! 


This sketch will be open until Sunday, October 14 - don't forget to include the twist, The Letter E, to be in the running for the prize & top 5!

See you in a few with my SOS post - 
xoxo,
Jessi

11 comments:

walchowDesign said...

Love that spider hat! Great coloring on the witch too, Jessi!

Angela said...

This is fabulous Jessi...I love your take with the "EEK!"...so clever!

Dawn said...

Hi Jessi,

Glad your turkey dinner turned out and I hope you are feeling immensely better!

How cute is that little witch! And I love that printed flower - perfect for Halloween, the skulls even look pretty! Beautiful card.

Hugs, Dawn

Allison Rankin said...

Great take on the sketch! Love that stamp!

lostinpaper said...

FAB fun design! Lovin' this witch!

Theresa said...

Jessi this is fantastic! I love the flowers and her green dress is just awesome!

Dawn said...

So fun Jessi! Love your image and the pretty flower. Clever use of the letter E with the Eeek!

Nance said...

Gorgeous! Love the paper you chose for the flower.

Jen W. said...

Dude, you rocked this sketch and the Es! I feel like I'm watching Sesame Street. "Brought to you by the letter E!" LOL! Love the embossing and those flowers! Hope you're fully back on your feet (and Typhoid Connor as well!)

Cheryl said...

Sorry you were so sick, but it sounds like you're better now. I hope so, anyway. :) Your card is so cute! I love Wicked Honey--I used her once and she was fun to color. I LOVE the flower. Don't know if you intended it to look like a spiderweb, but with that dp, that's exactly what it looks like, and it's awesome!!!

Debbie said...

Cute! I love the big flower!!