Monday, October 22, 2012

Crafty Creations #192 - Get Well!

It's that time of year when kids go back to school & share all their icky germs with each other, and with us. Perfect time for this challenge from Crafty Creations Challenges, to create a Get Well card. I can't believe I only made one - there will be more this week, but not in time for the challenge deadline (Tuesday night).
Supplies: Studio G sentiment;
Versamark & Pirate Gold EP;
Spellbinders butterfly & scrap vellum;
Japanese handmade paper
I bought a package of handmade Japanese paper while I was in Vancouver, and put it in a safe place. Whoops. And then I found it while I was making room for Christmas supplies - so now it has a proper home where I can hoard it BUT look through it occasionally. There are a few handpainted pieces like this tucked in, and I knew I didn't want to cover it up! 
xoxo,
Jessi


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great paper, looks lovely on this card. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges and hope to see you back again. Hugs
Anna xxx

Jen W. said...

That really is gorgeous paper. I'm so proud of you for actually using it! :)

Lindsey said...

That is a beautiful paper, and you've showcased it perfectly! (You didn't get your gold ep in Victoria, did you? That's where my pirate gold is from. So to speak. :D) Hooray for playing at Crafty Creations Challenges!

lostinpaper said...

That Japanese paper is awesome and the gold embossed sentiment perfect! LoVe it Jessi!

walchowDesign said...

that japanese paper is so pretty and I always love their use of gold print on their design! Good choice, Jessi!

kingstonmama said...

This is beautiful. I swear I have that same paper. Chiyogami paper? I use it to make glass tile necklaces and magnets. Never even thought of using it on a card. :)